American Bandogge  » Pets  »
  • Any information I found on this breed has said they are awesome with children
  • His size is a disadvantage when it comes to clumsiness but we always feel safe being we are three females living alone in an urban city
  • My dog once did something interesting that proved his breeding purposes
  • I know he will protect us with everything he has

• by kenzma

Im am the owner of an American Bandogge (mix mastiff/american bulldog). I won’t deny it has taken patience and unconditional love to make our now three year old gentle giant understand the “giant” part. He is 150 lbs. He lives in a house with me and my daughters, he is the biggest member of our family. I did not purposefully get myself this huge guy.

He was given to me by previous owners when he was still a puppy. My three year old daughter was just born when I brought him home. Any information I found on this breed

has said they are awesome with children. This is true.

My children love him. He sleeps in my daughters room every night. He lies next to my house door when there is a party at a neighbours. His size is a disadvantage when it comes to clumsiness but we always feel safe being we are three females living alone in an urban city.

If you adopt the American bandogge early enough the ears and tail can be cropped. Mine arent, as I said I adopted him too late. This does cause his wagging tail to feel more like a snapping whip… The American Bandogge was bred for fighting. My dog once did something interesting that proved his breeding purposes.

They are said not to give warning bark due to the fact they used surprise as an advantage during fights. I was walking him and it was dark outside. We were a few blocks from our final turn to get home and he stopped. His hair stood and he refused to move forward.

Minutes later a man walked out to the sidewalk and looked at us. His look wasn’t friendly and we seemed amusing to him. But he continued ...

• American Bandogge
      on, I imagine whatever my dog sensed as well as my dog was all the protection I needed. He listens to me well and that night he wasn’t allowing me to walk.

I own guinnea pigs and he doesn’t bother them. He isn’t overly socialable with other dogs but haven’t been around many. The ones he was introduced to was around for enough time they got to know each other. He does like to dominate other animals.

He likes males he is use to, again new males does make him feel he has to mark territory…. Even at three.

Luckily he was neutered at a young age and he pees like a female dog. It is something I am prepared for now and take preventative methods.

He is fun, he plays with my three year old, they are best friends. She feeds him tells me when he need water. She draws on him… His head is the same size as she is but he still allows her to be the boss. When she is outside and he isnt he cannot relax.

I know he will protect us with everything he has! I didn’t choose the breed but I wouldn’t trade him for the world.

Winston318 says :

re : Any information I found on this breed has said they are awesome with children
These dogs were created to be man stoppers and property protectors. Most in America were bred for hog hunting. I only like ones from working lines that possess ojeriza. I personally prefer Cane corso or Fila Brasilero as the mastiff,and a Scott’s American bulldog as their partner.

Kaitlyn Weidenbruck says :

re : I know he will protect us with everything he has
According to the United Canine Association, American Bandogges are great family dogs and exceptional with children. This is because of their protective and trustworthy temperament they are like babysitters. This breed is also known to be affectionate towards other pets, illustrating their true bounds of love. Bandogges are always on high alert when alone with children, seeking out potential dangers the kids might face. But at the same time, they are also loving and playful. These pups are great additions to a kid s life

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2915021564331229/k2311a0215/2.15.12