Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Demolition
  • If you’re iffy to wear dark blacks but can neither reconcile with tacky brown eyeliners, I recommend Demolition

• by jhunie

I fished demolition from an Urban Decay set my sister purchased. There was a dead-on black shade, which of course was my sister’s first choice, and the less fancied eyeliner was mine, because beggars couldn’t be choosers. The fact, however, that these pencils were the storied Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eyeliners urged on an optimistic feeling. They’ve been praised by everyone. Now it’s my turn to anoint the UD glide on pencils, in this case Demolition, as the star eyeliner indeed.

It’s a well made eyeliner to the hilt. The pencil makes a smooth pass on the soft and therefore insubstantial surface of the eye lids, on the waterline too. You know how lining the eyes can be troublesome; it’s like writing on thin paper without a table. I don’t feel the tip of the pencil gliding across because of the smoothness of the formula, so

as to arrive at the other end of the lash line free from that poking feeling that triggers my blinking reflex. Same goes for lining the water line. It’s not utterly creamy to get mashed up as you go, which makes me give up the ghost among other pencil eyeliners that do (and switched to liquid liners).

Dark brown eyeliner turns me off. It’s a euphemism for, “Hey I’m wearing eyeliner, but not really.” What’s the point? Try black eyeliner on the waterline should you wish a mellower look. That said, I tend to associate brown eyeliners with bad taste. In a manner of saying, Demolition demolished that old perception. It doesn’t sit in ambivalence like a stupid brown eyeliner. Demolition is deliberately darker for a brown shade and has the strong payoff of a black eyeliner sans the gothic sharpness. It’s a deep matte ...

• chocolate. I say the shade matches my brow color, for what it’s worth. It’s true what I’ve read: the line it creates has slightly feathered edges, giving the line an even thinner effect. Demolition characterizes Urban Decay’s eye for nuanced, practical colors that made the nude palettes such a hit.

No more setting with powder for me because this eyeliner never smudges. My eyes have been rather sensitive to bright lights and dry up occasionally. It had me wearing sunglasses for a while, and my resolve was to spray a refreshing eye mist to my lids (yes, heard that right – on the eye lids). Impressively, the eyeliner did not come off. It only struck me later that having done so put the eyeliner to a test. It’s slated to last longer on my waterline than other smudger eyeliners. But I end up reapplying if

needed. Worn on the lash line, it’s unbeatably long-wearing.

It gets recessive when you have to sharpen it periodically. The slender pencil fits in school supply sharpeners. Conversely, I have a goner NYX jumbo pencil that has no luck finding a big enough sharpener. Mine is shorter than the full sized pencil (theoretically), but the sharpener has yet to reach the very end of it. It’s good for many more uses. I would probably buy the black shade next time. When I came across them once, I was sticker-shocked by the price tag. It’s expensive. Like 19 dollars a pop. Even though I may never get to wear it as often as my favorite black eyeliner, it’s a spectacular shade to pair with soft pewters and nude eyeshadows. If you’re iffy to wear dark blacks but can neither reconcile with tacky brown eyeliners, I recommend Demolition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114021564240129/k2311a0214/2.14.12