Lush Solid Shampoo Bar in Seanik  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think it's more practical and liberating when you can conveniently clutch the whole shampoo in one hand, lather it up like a bar of soap and just keep the suds coming and do away with all the pouring, cap-beating and pumping
  • I know it's not a very sophisticated way to wash our hairs, but it shortens shampoo application to a faster, more direct processs, saving me time
  • I recommend Seanik (priced 10 dollars) for quick but thorough washes

• by jhunie

I reckon the wackiest thing I ever did for my hair was dust powder on top of my head. I was told washing my hair daily could be omitted by using dry shampoos, which were warranted to work like, well, “wet” shampoos for that matter, and it’s true if not silly. Here’s another: the Seanik solid shampoo bar by Lush is a rule breaker (because it’s just sinful to wash your delicate tresses with a bar). Washing hair with what appears like a bar of soap looks to me like the craziest thing ever (although I have a similar one for my pet). Just for the heck of it, and because I adore the bubbly blue color, I made history by using a solid shampoo for the first time.

Crazy? Not really. Only Lush can make a pragmatically sane shampoo from solid bars. Seanik works normally as any sudsy shampoo in my bathroom, and I bet just as well as the next average Joe’s. It cheats the necessity for packaging,

unlike modern-day shampoos, and comes naked instead as a bar. I think it’s more practical and liberating when you can conveniently clutch the whole shampoo in one hand, lather it up like a bar of soap and just keep the suds coming and do away with all the pouring, cap-beating and pumping. I know it’s not a very sophisticated way to wash our hairs, but it shortens shampoo application to a faster, more direct processs, saving me time. My method, depending on what type of shampoo, may require the right timing between adequately wetting my hair so as to make plenty of lather and the moment I apply shampoo. I have to do it fast before most of the water has gone down the drain literally. Too late, and the shampoo would refuse to lather well when it gets in contact on my dripping hair, with less water. Seanik defies all of these, so that the next and last step is to rinse right away. Easy does it.

Seanik is a ...

• joy to use because it lathers aplenty. The first time I witnessed it bubbled up after a few careful passes, I might as well have said, “Good, huh.” It lathers at the slightest drop of water. There’s just a marginal difference compared to the way a scalp shampoo lathers, but not richly so to a whipped, foamy degree. It makes my scalp squeaky clean, and Seanik is in league with commercial scalp shampoos and clarifying types that are really unsuspecting versions of the embarrassing antidandruff formulas. I use it at least once or twice a week to completely cleanse my scalp. I feel Seanik leaves my hair wiry and tangled the next day, regardless of the shine-boosting seaweeds, but it’s great at delaying my scalp’s oil for an extra day. If not the helmet head that hairspray gives me, I too hate greasy flathead.

I’m hyper-sensitive to tugging and inadvertent hair-teasing, which I know is normal for most of us who are anal about taking care of our hairs. Not a

single strand falls below my back or shoulders when I sleep; if I could rest my hair in a second pillow I would. Yes, because I’m crazy like that. Given how I am a slave for beautiful hair, rubbing a bar against it seems an act of subversion. Seanik is gentle since the bar slides easily through. I apply the shampoo by passing it down, never up against the hair.

Lush makes up for the lack of packaging in trying to sell Seanik through clever use of color and the same earth-conscious cuteness they’ve been so good at doing. Seanik has the appearance of a bright blue rice cake, and there’s no guessing it comes from the ocean because of the seaweeds in it. The cuteness is reduced once the bar starts shedding off grits and bits of seaweed though. The citrusy jasmine scent further characterizes Seanik as yet another lovable Lush product nickname, in spite the smell hitting a very laundry, soapy quality. I recommend Seanik (priced 10 dollars) for quick but thorough washes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113021564000329/k2311a0213/2.13.12