Shirataki Pasta at Life Grocery in Marietta, GA  » Food  »
1453 Roswell Rd Marietta, GA 30062
  • Both recipes turned out delicious, and I felt that I was eating guilt free

• by pengirl

My mom was in Life Grocery and spotted a bag of shirataki noodles and knew I would love these noodles. I am always enjoying new foods and ways to cook. I tried the noodles the same day my mom gave me the bag, and I instantly fell in love with these unique, squiggly noodles.

I have read all the reviews on the shirataki noodles to see what other people are saying, and I am learning people either hate or love these healthy noodles. The Shirataki Noodles is a strange product if you think about it. There are two types of shirataki noodles that are sold in the United States because this particular noodle

is Asian. You can get types of the shirataki noodlea to be either made of tofu or the ones that are made of primarily water and a dietary fiber. I have tried both types of noodles, and they are both equally good. The noodles made of tofu are fettuccini shaped and are three carbs and twenty calories. The noodles made of mostly water do not have any calories or carbs and are a thinner, clearer substance than the tofu noodles. The shirataki noodles range in price from two dollars a small bag to three dollars and are about two servings a bag. You can find the noodles in various Asian stores. My mom ...

• found mine in a smaller version of a Whole Foods Store.

I will say that if you are looking for a pasta alternative than these noodles will be perfect. These noodles are especially perfect if you are on a low carb diet or if you want a low calorie meal. You can use the noodles in soups and stir frys or make them in to a pasta meal that hardly has any carbs. I made my noodles with a marinara sauce one time, and the other time I used the noodles in a broth soup. Both recipes turned out delicious, and I felt that I was eating guilt free! The noodles are also

gluten free if you have intolerance to gluten.

The cons to these unique, Asian noodles are that they are hard to find in stores. I looked in grocery stores, but I have been unable to purchase the noodles except at the small Whole Foods Store. You can order the noodles online on Amazon, but I wish the noodles were in the major supermarkets.

The pros to these noodles are that they are low calorie, low carb and healthy. I have been looking for alternative noodles that are not high in carbs, so these noodles are perfect for me.

Overall, I am excited to try out more recipes with these unique, tasty noodles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713021563800329/k2311a0213/2.13.12