Shih-tzu care  » Pets  »
  • I bought her at 2 months being told that she doesnt shed and was puppy pad trained already
  • And I found this out only after several unregular visits to the vet and serious worring as to why she was always scratching, biting herself,skin pink sometimes to red and warm sometimes to hot

• by sissymay
      I have a 3 year old Shih-tzu named Sophie. I have never owned a small dog before, let alone one that was such high maintence. I bought her at 2 months being told that she doesnt shed and was puppy pad trained already. That wasnt a lie, but that wasnt all I should have been told.

I soon found that Sophie came with common allergies and was allergic to fleas. And I found this out only after several unregular visits to the vet and serious worring as to why she was always scratching, biting herself,skin

pink sometimes to red and warm sometimes to hot. When I ask the breeder if Her dogs went through this and what she had done about it, I was told that it was common and not to worry.

Didnt need to ask that breeder anything else, care for a dog in distress was not showing from Her and the vet was sick of seeing us. He kept telling Me to keep Her on Frontline Plus,I was keeping Her on it. (Frontline Plus did not work on Her) So Sophie and Me went through about ...

• 2 years of Me trying everything I could to keep it under control.

cortazone shots, dog shampoo’s,sprays, etc. So I finally started treating Sophie like a human who had allergies. For about a year now We have had it under control.

This is what We do and dont do. I run the sweeper often, use light smelling products around the house. no carpet fresheners, keep throws and blankets clean.

I do not allow Sophie to walk on the ground,or be around other animals. She is carried or in something while out side. And We now use Advantage

instead of Frontline.

I bath Her in Johnson baby bath wash and when She looks a little pink skinned I give Her a teaspoon of childrens Benadryl. I keep her hair short, eyes washed twice a week with warm wash rag. And only dry purina dog food, unless My boyfriend sneaks Her pizza rolls.

(Her favorite) I love My little dog and She is very happy now, its sad She can not run around in the grass, but She makes up for it by ruling the house. I hope this helps someone, it sure did us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29305156370531/k2311a053/5.3.07