Chili Cheese Dip Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • The interesting thing I found when making this recipe is that I did not have to mix the chili and Philadelphia cream cheese together which I am used to when making dips that involve cream cheese
  • Although the recipe did not state anything about adding extra ingredients once it was out of the oven, I decided to add shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and green onions so that the dip would not be entirely plain

• by C.Channing

I made this dip from one of the Favorite Recipes books, and it was a major hit on Super Bowl Sunday. The dip is similar to a nacho salad except you have to bake the cream cheese, chili, and shredded cheese and then you add the other toppings afterwards.

Since nachos are popular during sporting events, I knew this dip would be very popular with my guests seeing as how the recipe takes a different spin on the idea of what

a nacho salad is.

The interesting thing I found when making this recipe is that I did not have to mix the chili and Philadelphia cream cheese together which I am used to when making dips that involve cream cheese. It was sort of like making a cheesecake without mixing everything together; instead, layering each ingredient and then baking it.

Because I had to bake the cream cheese without mixing it I was not sure how the texture would come out, but ...

• actually it turned out similar to mashed potatoes. It turned out really well despite being weighed down by the heaviness of the chili which I was also surprised because it did not sink into the cream cheese causing it to become soup.

Although the recipe did not state anything about adding extra ingredients once it was out of the oven, I decided to add shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and green onions so that the dip would not be entirely plain. I

loved this dip because it fulfilled my obsession for nachos. The flavors of the chili and baked cream cheese went together perfectly, and both my guests and I went through the dip within an hour.

Ingredients: 1 Package Philadelphia cream cheese, softened 1 can chili 1 cup Kraft shredded natural shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions: Spread cream cheese on bottom of 9-inch dish. Spread chili on top; sprinkle with cheese. Then bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish as desired.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4910021563580329/k2311a0210/2.10.12