Philly Garlic and Herb Dip Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • The thing I like about making this dip is that it is one of those universal dips that can be paired with anything, and it is great to make for any occasion

• by C.Channing

My mom has tons of Favorite Recipes books, and the Philly garlic and herb dip is a recipe that I borrowed from one of their books that I use frequently for appetizers. The thing I like about making this dip is that it is one of those universal dips that can be paired with anything, and it is great to make for any occasion.

The main ingredient in this dip is the Philadelphia cream cheese which gives

the dip its rich flavor. The richness of the cream cheese balances out the boldness of the herbs (two out of four are chives and garlic) which is what makes this dip popular as an appetizer with me because of the diverse herbs used.

A really great thing that gives the dip is its texture (besides the herbs) because you have to use an electric mixer. You could probably use a whisk or spatula, but you would not ...

• get the same texture and consistency which I get from the electric mixer. I also like that I can make this recipe for either myself or for others. I find that this dip is really popular in social settings such as an office party or backyard party. I also have to remember to give my dinner guests mints because the dip is pretty strong on the breath.

However, if you are someone who does not like garlic

you do not have to include it in the final mix and it will still taste just a good with the other three herbs.

Ingredients: 1 Package Philadelphia cream cheese, softened 3 Tablespoons Milk 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped 1 clove of garlic, minced

Directions: Mix cream cheese and milk with an electric mixer until smooth. Then mix in the basil, parsley, chives, and garlic. You can serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 499021563380629/k2311a029/2.9.12