Alaska Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • That wasn't a problem for me as I am typically a night owl
  • It was a great flying experience for as good as flying could be

• by Scott

All my life I had only flown on United Airlines. That changed recently when I wanted to visit family that had moved to Anchorage, Alaska. I would finally choose a different airline.

I had seen United pretty much offer less and less. There was only 1 flight out of O’Hare International Airport to Anchorage, and it left at 6:20 in the evening and would arrive at 10:00 pm Alaska time, normally 1 am in Chicago. That wasn’t a problem

for me as I am typically a night owl.

Upon arriving to check my baggage, the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and immediately helped me in my needs. The boarding was typical of an airline. 1st class and preferred members went on first, then they loaded the plane on from the back forward. I was more so in the middle.

Like most flights in coach, it was not the most comfortable thing ever, but I had a window ...

• seat and had a little bit more room.

The flight went smoothly, the captain kept us updated often on our status and where we were. The stewardess offered us drinks twice. You had to buy food if you wanted a meal, I ate at the airport before the flight and had a few munchies in my bag as well as those pretzel bags they offer you as a snack.

The flight was 20 minutes early despite taking off

10 minutes late from O’Hare. I got my bag rather quickly in baggage claim and went about my merry way.

My flight back to Chicago was 30 minutes early thanks to a tailwind. I have flown two more flights (To and from Anchorage) afterwards and every time the flight has arrived early.

The entire staff was very friendly the entire time and did their jobs with the up most professionalism. It was a great flying experience for as good as flying could be.

Alaska Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 409021563370629/k2311a029/2.9.12