Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave in Treatment
1.0
  • This treatment is a reformulation of the original Anti-Snap (which I think just doesn’t have “extreme” in the title)
  • This stuff smells phenomenal but that is unfortunately where my love for this product ends
  • I thought that this would help to strengthen my hair and stop it from breaking off as much as it has been lately
  • Sadly, I have not noticed it doing anything for me
  • I won’t repurchase it based on its amazing smell alone

• by intensify

I purchased the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave In Treatment awhile ago and am just now getting around to reviewing it because I have been waiting for ages to see if I would finally get some real results from it. This treatment is a reformulation of the original Anti-Snap (which I think just doesn’t have “extreme” in the title). I do not know whether the original formulation was phenomenal and was the reason why I had heard so many favorable reviews or if this has just always been a bad product, but I do not like it. It has not worked for me. I had high expectations for this product and I really did give it a chance, but I still have not seen results.

I do not recommend this.

This stuff smells phenomenal but that is unfortunately where my love for this product ends. I normally love Redken brand products but this one was absolutely terrible for me. It is supposed to help to reduce breakage and to fortify hair. I have been having a lot of hair loss recently so both of those claims about this product were the deciding factors in me purchasing it. My hair is just very thin and brittle at the moment. I thought that this would help to strengthen my hair and stop it from breaking off as much as it has been lately. Sadly, I have not noticed it doing anything for me. I am still losing just as much hair as ...

• I was prior to purchasing this product. I still have very weak hair with split ends that breaks off super easily. I have not seen any results even though I have continued to use this almost religiously for the past two months. Honestly, the amazing smell is the only reason why I am justifying continuing to use this until the bottle is done.

I have very coarse, wavy hair and this does not smooth it out or calm it down much at all. It does not de-frizz. It actually doesn’t moisturize as much as I would expect a leave in conditioner to do, even when I use more than a dime sized amount. If this isn’t going to strengthen my hair, I need it to

add some moisture at the very least or make my hair look glossy and healthy. Because it does not even do that, I can’t really think of any other uses for this product, at least for me personally. I won’t repurchase it based on its amazing smell alone.

Overall, I have to give the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave in Treatment a rating of a 2 out of 10. It has done absolutely nothing for me. I have no idea whether the original formulation of the Redken Anti-Snap Treatment is better or worse than this one, but I am no longer going to use this product on my hair. After two months of trying, I have given up. Save your money. Go for a different leave in treatment!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319021563280529/k2311a029/2.9.12