GHS Electric Boomers guitar strings  » Music  »
  • They work well for every style, though to get a jazzy sound, I'd recommend flat wounds
  • I've wiped down other string out of the package to find black residue on the cloth, I don't have this problem with these
  • There have been a few brands that I bought the strings, and they came tarnished

• by music_guru85

This is a review for GHS Electric Boomers guitar strings. These have been around since 1964 and have been a standard in the industry. The great thing about these is the price and consistency of the strings. I’ve been through every brand of string you could imagine and I’m very picky. You can find these at practically every music store in you area or online.

Overall they have more of a bright tone with lots of attack to them.

They work well for every style, though to get a jazzy sound, I’d recommend flat wounds. These are round wound nickel-plated steel around a stainless steel hex core wire. This helps the string stay in tune better, preventing it from stretching out. I’ve wiped down other string out of the package to find black residue on the cloth, I don’t have this problem with these. There have been a few brands that I bought the strings, and they ...

• came tarnished. This has never happened with Boomers. They are packaged really well. I usually look for deals and stock up on em. I prefer to use at least .010 gauged strings. The .009s have too thin of a sound for me, and not enough volume. I record guitar direct, and mic’d, you can really tell the different in strings recording direct. These have a great sound.

I’ve bought higher end strings that were equal or less quality than

these, never found any superior in this style. These always seem to last me for a long time. It’s rare that I ever break a string either. I’d say that these are the most consistent quality strings I’ve ever used. The only other kind I’d say is as good are Fender’s electric strings.

If you want a sure thing, these are the strings to go with. You know that you are buying a solid, tried and true product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147021562740329/k2311a027/2.7.12