Barbie’s Princess and Pauper Movie  » Movies  »
  • I have a huge collection of soundtracks and I love songs from musicals to motion pictures

• by sarahdragon26

As a girl, I loved to get Barbie dolls for Christmas or my birthday. I had so many different outfits, dolls, and other accessories that went with the toys, but I was already an adult when the movies started to come out. So as one can imagine, I was not jumping at the chance to watch the movies as an adult. There was a curiosity about them, yes, but not enough

to make me want to jump out and buy them.

The first movie I saw was Barbie Princess and the Pauper. I knew the story of the Prince and Pauper well, so while babysitting my nieces, they asked if I wanted to watch it. I was honestly surprised to see that it wasn’t too bad. It’s not a movie meant for the enjoyment of adults, but my nieces loved it. I liked the message behind it. That you never be more then who you are. And you should be proud of who you are, even if you’re not proper or rich. My nieces liked the barking cat while I liked Martin Short as the little villain. It seemed like a fitting role for him.

While the movie itself would not be one that would draw me back time and again, the ...

• Barbie's Princess and Pauper Movie
      songs are quite nice to listen to. I have a huge collection of soundtracks and I love songs from musicals to motion pictures. I didn’t buy the Barbie Princess and Pauper movie, but I did get the soundtrack. My favorite song is at the end of the movie called Written in Your Heart. While they’re not the end all beat all in soundtrack songs, for a children’s film, the songs were
      well sang and beautiful.

Unlike other Barbie or Barbie inspired cartoons of the past, one comes to mind called “Jem”, this film was all done with computer graphics. Hand drawn animation really is a thing of the past. But that didn’t take away from the film. The animation was smooth and good for a simple children’s film. Not high tech by any means, but good for something meant just for children.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 116021562640129/k2311a026/2.6.12