The Abyss Movie  » Movies  »
  • I love the idea or just the thought of living in space or under the water
  • There are some amazing creatures that have been photographed down in the deep darkness of our world’s oceans

• by sarahdragon26

The Abyss is one of those movies that has always inspired me, even if the movie is not really about oceanography and not completely based on the fact of exploring the oceans. I love the idea or just the thought of living in space or under the water. It has always seemed to inspire the imaginations of scientists and writers alike with the unknown possibilities behind the effects and events of what would happen during such human adventures. I have always been interested in the life that might exist under the great pressures of the ocean. The second to last frontier while space is still

and always will be the first final frontier for human kind.

Granted, while the idea of there being some extraordinary life under the water, is a little far-fetched. At least the life-forms like those in this film, the basics behind the idea itself are not as far-fetched as many might believe. There are some amazing creatures that have been photographed down in the deep darkness of our world’s oceans. The creatures inside of the darkness of the oceans are some of the most beautiful I’ve ever seen and almost alien-like. I love watching the end of the movie when you learn more about what has ...

• been happening and see the creatures up close and personal. I’m so used to seeing movies about aliens wanting to destroy the human race because of selfish reasons like power or just the desire to destroy, but never because of what we have done to ourselves. But when they see what is good about us, they see that the human race isn’t lost after all. We still have a chance to be better then ourselves and they stop the water from destroying our cities.

As for the acting element of the film, I remember the film for the aliens, not the actors. I have always

liked Ed Harris, so he added to the film that the aliens created. While Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio just annoyed me so much, there were times when I wanted to put my fist through the TV. She just rubbed me the wrong way.

The movie is a classic about who we are and what we can do, in the ways of living underwater, as well as breathing water to dive in the water. Which is something that many scientists are currently working on. Exciting, isn’t it? Not something I would myself try, because it looked very painful in the film, but a fascinating idea still the same.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 116021562630129/k2311a026/2.6.12