Pear Glace EDT perfume by Victoria’s Secret  » Perfume  »
  • I love my job as I work in a perfume store and albeit it is only part time I relish each hour I'm there as I get to test out the most exquisite perfumes that I probably wouldn't come across on a daily basis
  • The final note of violet is an interesting one to be used at the base of the perfume as it is a very floral scent so I was worried it would turn the whole fragrance too floral and ruin it
  • I found this to be such a refreshing change from anything I've worn recently and instantly bought myself a bottle as I knew it was something I would wear again and again without doubt

• by Tick Tock

I love my job as I work in a perfume store and albeit it is only part time I relish each hour I’m there as I get to test out the most exquisite perfumes that I probably wouldn’t come across on a daily basis. One such item that caught my attention recently was this fragrance entitled Pear Glace by Victoria’s Secrets and is part of the Secret Garden collection. The first thing that caught my eye about this fragrance was the stunning bottle and I wasted no time in testing it out. My review will now focus entirely on my thoughts and experiences of wearing the fragrance..

Pear Glace comes housed in a simplistic yet equally stunning glass flacon. There is nothing overtly fancy about the actual design of the bottle, being in a tall slimline glass that veers out towards the neck, but it is the colours and patterns encased within that makes this simply stunning.

Being a pear green with hint of a lighter green hue, the flacon has images inside the bottle making the appearance absolutely breathtaking, for something so simple it draws my eyes towards it each and every time and is simply beautiful so I had high hopes that the actual fragrance itself wouldn’t be a disappointment.

Pear Glace is available in an EDT, as well as a body mist and there are also other body care items available though for reviewing purposes only I find it fair to say that this is the EDT I have.

Pear Glace is made up of the following compositions:

Top notes:

Pear nectar

Heart notes:

Cassis

Base notes:

Violet

So what are my thoughts and opinions on this fragrance then?

Well as mentioned I was immediately drawn to the beauty and elegance of the bottle so kept my fingers and toes crossed that the fragrance itself would be just as enchanting and that I wouldn’t be let down. On removing the lid I aimed the nozzle towards ...

• my neck and upper body and gave a few short sharp spritzes as I wasn’t sure what to expect at this point.

The first thing I noted was the freshness of the pear used here in the opening notes. It’s lightness gives the fragrance a beautiful kick start and the pear smells incredibly fresh and not artificial in anyway so I was pleasantly surprised. Once the dry down began the heart note of cassis comes into play though at this point is still overshadowed by the pear, though I felt the two notes mingled well together to create something of elegance and beauty.

The final note of violet is an interesting one to be used at the base of the perfume as it is a very floral scent so I was worried it would turn the whole fragrance too floral and ruin it. I was very wrong thankfully as the introduction of violet at this point really helped to shape the

fragrance into a truly wonderful perfume and added a just a touch of floral but more sweetness.

I found this to be such a refreshing change from anything I’ve worn recently and instantly bought myself a bottle as I knew it was something I would wear again and again without doubt. The fragrance comes across as light and airy on first application though as the dry down commences it does seem to intensify becoming almost overpowering before settling fully so I found that ‘less is more’ and by reducing the amount I wore it suited my skin perfectly.

This is ideally best worn during the day for me as it doesn’t hold it’s strength long enough to deem it suitable for the evening, though that’s just my personal opinion.

This deserves a 10 out of 10 here as it merits every single point awarded to it. Truly breathtaking and extremely feminine and evocative. Perfection in a bottle - need I say more?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 566021562500129/k2311a026/2.6.12