Munchkin Safety Duck Tub - Yellow  » Baby care  »
2.0
  • My son did think the quacking noise was funny (though I thought it was a bit scary
  • I bought this tub as it was the only inflatable tub at the store - but online there are lots of options for inflatable tubs

• by Clio

We purchased the Munchkin Safety Duck Tub when our son had outgrown the bath seat we got him (when he could sit on his own it was no longer safe to use the bath seat). This tub inflates and sits indise the regular bath tub. It is made of yellow vinyl with blue vinyl for the base. The inside of the tub has a bit that inflates too - presumably to make the baby more comfortbale - but we found that with it inflated our son was too unstable, so we

kept it deflated. This beak of the duck makes a quacking noise when you press it, but the beak is pointing away from the baby so when the baby is in the bath they cannot press it. My son did think the quacking noise was funny (though I thought it was a bit scary!)

This bath fit nicely in our bathtub, but storage was a pain. If you also use your tub to take a shower then you will need to find somewhere to store the duck tub when you want to take a shower. Deflating it each time is not practical. The tub comes with a tab for hanging it up - either on a nail, or it has an attached suction cup. The suction cup did not hold the weight of the tub when I tried it. When I hung it on a nail the duck’s head stuck out so far that it was in my face when I tried to use the toilet - this is not a good choice if you have a small bathroom or limited storage ...

• Munchkin Safety Duck Tub - Yellow
      space.

I was not that impressed with this tub. There was hardly any room for my son to move around, and the tub was difficult to store. It served its purpose - as a transitional tub for when my son was sitting up but I wasn’t comfortable putting him in the big bath - but I would not buy it again. It actually got a puncture after a few months and so I threw it away. Instead I just bought a non-slip bath mat and put my son in the big

bathtub and he did fine.

I bought this tub as it was the only inflatable tub at the store - but online there are lots of options for inflatable tubs. If I had done my research first I would have bought an inflatable tub without the annoying duck head - you can get a bath toy that quacks and that the baby can actually reach while in the bath and it would serve the purpose of this tub. But the tub did serve its purpose for a few months, it just irritated me.

Brian Green says :

We purchased this for my young son, while he loved it we didn’t always seemed a little to unstable and never even felt comfortable even turning round to grab the soap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542021562280429/k2311a022/2.2.12