The Minimalist Cleaning Method by Annie Jean Brewer book  » Books  »
  • When I finally focused long enough to read the entire book cover to cover instead of merely looking for a particular recipe I found it only took an afternoon to read the book
  • I admire that she lives the things in the book but was a bit disappointed that she didn’t go more in debt about removal of stains, pest control or quick fixes for stains

• by blondefreelancer

The Minimalist Cleaning Method by Annie Jean Brewer is an e-book all about cleaning with minimal supplies and expense. Ms. Brewer outlines recipes and methods that she uses in her own life. I sat down and read the book in a single day, even though I had the book a year only flipping through to find various recipes.

found it only took an afternoon to read the book. Ironically I was reading as I cleaned the house waiting on various items to soak so they could be wiped down.

The book was easy to follow and the fact that Ms. Brewer or someone close to her used the recipes included in her book made it easier to attempt them. Some of the recipes I had used for years, others I had never thought about before. When I read the ending where ...

• she describes the different meanings of minimalism to different people I realized that what is now known as being a minimalist was once known as being broke.

I also realized that the reason the homemade laundry detergent and laundry bar soaps in the book worked better for me when I used them by hand instead of in the machine was that my water is hard. I need to neutralize it and the washing soda does not do that instead it increases the

Ph levels. So I plan to try the homemade detergent again when I have money for supplies only in a powder form with a little difference to the recipe.

I admire that she lives the things in the book but was a bit disappointed that she didn’t go more in debt about removal of stains, pest control or quick fixes for stains. I have to give the book a 7 out of 10 simply because there isn’t more information or alternative recipes included in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172021562240429/k2311a022/2.2.12