Hypnobirthing - The Mongan Method book
  • I was perhaps moderately skeptical before opening up the book but I have been amazed and impressed
  • Some of the visualisations are a little tricky or at least I found them so yet others are quite easy to do
  • I have been doing their suggested breathing styles for some months now and definitely feel more relaxed about the birth
  • I recommend the book and the Mongan method of hypnobirthing

• by hazeyleesedixon

I have read and keep dipping into Hypnobirthing - The Mongan Method book. As the name suggests it is about Hypnobirthing and a particular method developed by Marie Mongan.

I was perhaps moderately skeptical before opening up the book but I have been amazed and impressed.

The book is easy to follow and isn’t too long. It is a self-help, practical book rather than a story although there are a few case studies in there. Essentially the book guides the

reader on how to build up to birthing their baby and deliver their baby in a natural way. Emphasis in on guided meditations and visualisation, alongside beneficial breathing techniques, exercises and relaxation.

Some of the visualisations are a little tricky or at least I found them so yet others are quite easy to do.

I have been doing their suggested breathing styles for some months now and definitely feel more relaxed about the birth. My whole approach to birthing my baby has changed from one of fear to one of quiet contemplation and excitement.

One of the exercises is particularly impressive. It describes light touch massage. Something that your birth partner carries out upon you. Again I didn’t expect much from it but it actually sends shivers down the spine, in a good way. It super relaxing and enjoyable. Im 37 weeks pregnant so we have yet to test light touch massage out during labour but as a method to ...

• Hypnobirthing - The Mongan Method book
      relax me before labour, it was lovely. It is quite tricky for the birth partner to do - they have to ensure they don’t press on too hard. It is a very light touch but once they have mastered it, it is fab.

The book is written in a friendly, non-patronising way. Marie Mongan is grandmother and has delivered her babies and her children’s babies following hypnobirthing. Indeed hypnobirthing in general is pretty well-known now throughout the western world.

It is certainly very familiar to the medical system in the UK.

The book has pictures to show things like birthing positions, relaxation positions. It describes a more positive language that can be used to describe the birthing process - like surge rather than contraction, birthing rather than labour and the avoidance of the word pain (sensation is used instead). It might sound airy fairy but it really isn’t. It has helped me lots.

I recommend the book and the Mongan method of hypnobirthing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172021562030329/k2311a022/2.2.12