The Famous Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether  » Baby care  »
  • When our little guy started to teethe, we went along with the crowd and bought one for ourselves, even though it was more expensive than I thought that a teether should be (almost $20)
  • On the downside, I have noticed that some of the coloring is coming off a little bit
  • Even though I have not had these problems, it is definitely something to keep watch on

• by nleigh

Every parent knows who and what the Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether is, and we were no different. But, we just couldn’t really see what all the hype was about. When our little guy started to teethe, we went along with the crowd and bought one for ourselves, even though it was more expensive than I thought that a teether should be (almost $20). With that said, I am glad we caved.

This teether has

been a life-saver on many occasions. I don’t know what it is about this little toy that he gravitates to so much, but as soon as we gave it to him, he was instantly chomping on it and couldn’t be happier. He does stick all ends in his mouth and it can get pretty slimy, but I figure it is a small price to pay for a few moments of quiet. It is also made ...

• out of soft natural rubber that is BPA and phthalate free, which makes me feel better about it being in his mouth. He has also found the squeaker, which is a blast to watch him try to figure out.

On the downside, I have noticed that some of the coloring is coming off a little bit. Other mother friends of mine have also said that their Vulli’s have even had pieces that have come off or

that their babies tried to stick the long legs down their throats. Even though I have not had these problems, it is definitely something to keep watch on.

Even with the above average price, I do think that the Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether does live up to all of the hype. It does captivate their attention and soothe gums all at the same time. As a mother, this in and of itself is priceless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542021561850329/k2311a022/2.2.12