Montagne Jeunesse Mud Pac Face Masque
  • I've been a fan on Montagne Jeunesse for years anyway so didn't hesitate to take her up on her advice and I bought the masque the very same day - and have been buying it weekly ever since as it's such an amazing product

• by roundabout

I first started using this Dead Sea Mud Pac face masque after a beauty therapist recommended it while I was pregnant last year, I was feeling very run down in myself and the pregnancy strain was starting to take it’s toll on my skin which was looking dull and unhealthy. I’ve been a fan on Montagne Jeunesse for years anyway so didn’t hesitate to take her up on her advice and I bought the masque the very same day - and have been buying it weekly ever since as it’s such an amazing product.

The masque itself is a sticky creamy mud, bright blue in colour and very summery looking. It has a nautical fragrance, unsurprisingly as the main ingredients in it are kelp, seaweed and sea salt - it’s an extremely fresh smelling masque, a complete move away from the usual fruity/chocolate based

Montagne Jeunesse masques but still absolutely gorgeous. I’d liken it to either the Lagoon range sold by Avon, or even to the Big Blue ballistic made by Lush although minus the slightly floral underlying tone of that particular seaside-smelling product.

Due to the stickiness, you have to develop the knack of applying it - the mud always goes on OK, but I (like most women) am vain enough to want a smooth finish to my face masque! This requires much smoothing down with the fingers and constant, quick spreading to ensure my whole face and neck are evenly covered. Obviously it doesn’t matter if you end up with a bumpy face masque, but aesthetically it’s much nicer to get it as smooth as possible!

You’re advised to cleanse your face before using the masque, and leave your skin slightly damp to allow the mud to ...

• stick and work it’s magic. And it really IS magic as after I rinse the masque off my skin feels absolutely amazing; smooth, well cleansed and extremely healthy. My skin looks visibly younger than before I apply the masque, it leaves a pinkness which isn’t particularly attractive at first but once this has died down my skin literally glows with health. My pores appear clearer and a couple of recurring enlarged pores tend to shrink down for at least seventy-two hours after I’ve rinsed the masque off.

The masque is designed to be rinsed off between ten and fifteen minutes after application, and although I usually leave them on for longer I agree with the maximum time in this instance. This is because after around fifteen minutes my skin starts feeling a bit sensitive where the masque has been, not sore as such but

I feel like the thick mud is causing a little irritation. Rinsing this one off is very time consuming, the  mud is very sticky and clings to my skin even as I’m using the water to try and get rid of it!  Bits of blue mud splash around the bathroom and all over any clothes I’m wearing - this is a nuisance as it stains so make sure you’re not wearing your best dressing gown when using this particular masque!

Personally I don’t mind the messiness of this one as it gives me such excellent results. When used on a weekly basis it leaves my skin so soft and smooth that it’s almost a miracle, the effects last for a reasonable length of time too and that’s another reason for me to continue using it despite there being so many other face masques out there to try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312021561820329/k2311a022/2.2.12