Fiat Punto Car
  • I have recently reviewed my Honda experience and Possibly if I hadn't got the chance of the newer Honda than I may have still had this Car
  • My Car had done slightly less than average miles and the only problem I had to fix was the Coil Packs
  • I read up online and it can be common for this part to go due to use and it was still drivable with this fault, but I found that I had to take a lower gear when the engine was cold in order for the Car to run right otherwise it was lumpy and sounded like it would cut out and stall
  • My husband is a Mechanic so was able to get this part at cost, so I had to spend nearly £50 on this part, but it made it run right

• by happyholidays70

I only had this Car for about 8 months and the only reason that I changed this Car was to take my husband’s Honda when he changed his Car. I have recently reviewed my Honda experience and Possibly if I hadn’t got the chance of the newer Honda than I may have still had this Car. Yes, it had a few problems when I had it, but it was a 13 year old car so I would expect to have to fix the odd few things wrong with it due to age.

The 1 I had was

a 1.2 Petrol Car. This was a 5 door Car and although the Punto isn’t the largest Car out there it was surprising how spacious it was inside. I wouldn’t say you would get 3 adults in the back, but 2 adults would be comfy enough and have room to relax and not be all cramped in. I don’t tend to sit all that close to the Steering wheel, but not too far back either - say about halfway back and I had plenty of room to be comfy and relaxed.

This was pretty average on Petrol.

It wasn’t too gutsy and although being a 1.2 and not too speedy a Car this had good pick up and could nip off the line from a standing start pretty good. Although it could be bogged down a bit when the speed tailed off a bit it performed well.

My Car had done slightly less than average miles and the only problem I had to fix was the Coil Packs. I read up online and it can be common for this part to go due to use and it was still drivable with this fault, but ...

• Fiat Punto Car
      I found that I had to take a lower gear when the engine was cold in order for the Car to run right otherwise it was lumpy and sounded like it would cut out and stall. Driving in a lower gear even for just say 30 seconds seemed to get enough Heat into the engine (or Packs) and then the Car run fine. My husband is a Mechanic so was able to get this part at cost, so I had to spend nearly £50 on this part, but it made it run right. I sold the
      Car on anyway when I got rid of this so at least it was working fine when I sold it.

I am not one of these people who only go for certain makes or manufacturers of cars and this was my first Fiat Car but I have to say it done alright for me. Only 1 time I had a problem starting this and had to bump start the car, and I thought the Battery must be gone, but after that 1 hiccup there was no starting problems and it started on the first turn.

A sturdy, reliable and pretty spacious Car.

Pawel says :

re : My husband is a Mechanic so was able to get this part at cost, so I had to spend nearly £50 on this part, but it made it run right
Fiat Punto Car is a compact car. The car has several motor versions. There is a lot of space inside. It is economical and durable. Parts are cheap. The disadvantage of the car is its susceptibility to corrosion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92021561810329/k2311a022/2.2.12