Kelloggs Special K Honey Clusters  » Food  »
  • This is not uber low but low enough to be healthy I think
  • So if you let the cereal sit in the milk for a little while, I believe this is a good, healthy and most importantly tasty way to start the day
  • In my opinion this cereal is worth 8 out of 10

• by hazeyleesedixon

I’m allergic, just mildly to nuts and so in a bid to find a cereal that tasted somehow nutty but doesn’t contain nuts, I stumbled upon Kelloggs Special K Honey Clusters. I’m not usually one for buying branded cereals but I have been very pleased indeed with these. They do have a nutty flavor. The honey makes them sweet without being too sweet. There is certainly no need to add sugar to this cereal.

I really like Kelloggs Special K Honey Clusters. It is a fortified cereal so contains plenty of

healthy vitamins and minerals including B1, B2, Niacin, B6, Folic acid, B12 and iron. A serving has 25% of your daily iron requirement which is pretty good. I’m currently pregnant and was iron deficient so it is a useful way to ensure that my iron levels are up. A serving also only has 234 calories if you use semi-skimmed milk. This is not uber low but low enough to be healthy I think.

Special K is of course associated with dieting and being healthy yet it doesn’t taste like some healthy foods ...

• do. It is enjoyable. Seems like a little treat a breakfast time. I have tried it with sweetened soya milk - which adds to the health factor and also adds sweetness.

If you are allergic to wheat this isnt the cereal of choice - it contains wheat, oats and barley. This is what gives it the nutty style flavor I think.

One possible moderate downside of this cereal is that the clusters are uber hard. You really need to let the cereal sit in the milk for a few minutes before digging

in. Particular if you have sensitive teeth like me. It felt like you could almost break a tooth on some of the clusters. Thought I haven’t yet tried, it might be nice with warm milk - this would ensure that the cereal was a little softer too.

So if you let the cereal sit in the milk for a little while, I believe this is a good, healthy and most importantly tasty way to start the day. Quite handy as a snack too. In my opinion this cereal is worth 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271021561670429/k2311a021/2.1.12