Real Simple Over-the-Door Cabinet Organizer  » Housewares  »
  • This over the door cabinet organizer is one of many products I bought last year on a Bed Bath and Beyond organizing blitz
  • I think I paid about 15 dollars at the time
  • I like the look because it looks clean and modern
  • All over the door organizers should be made like that in my opinion
  • That and the clever built in towel bar are enough reason for me to recommend this caddy to anyone who is struggling to get their kitchen organized

• by FortuneCookie

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

This over the door cabinet organizer is one of many products I bought last year on a Bed Bath and Beyond organizing blitz. I think I paid about 15 dollars at the time. The Real Simple brand seems to be exclusive to that store. All their products have the same look which is a combination of frosty white plastic and brushed metal. I like the look because it looks clean and modern. Anyway, I’d say on the whole Real Simple makes good products. This organizer I like because it’s designed better than a lot of over the door type storage, which I

think looks cheap a lot of the time. It actually has a towel bar attached to the other side. When your cabinet drawer is closed all you see is a nice brushed steel look of a towel bar and not those ugly brackets that are a give away that you’re using over the door storage. It’s so clever. All over the door organizers should be made like that in my opinion.

The actual storage part is composed of two frosty plastic trays. One is shallow for sponges and the like and the other is deeper to accomodate spray bottles. I wish both trays were deep. The little tray doesn’t really hold much, other than a few sponges. The good thing is there is next to no assembly required for this organizer. Each of these trays has slots underneath. You just slide them over the metal hooks on the organizer and you’re ready to go. The nice thing is the trays have many slots so you can adjust them horizontally. This is really helpful because I can position the towel bar where I want it and I can move the trays so that the door can still close. I like it when things are easily customizable.

• Real Simple Over-the-Door Cabinet Organizer
      On that note, I wish it was possible to adjust the trays up or down. You can’t. The only thing that you can do is swap the top and bottom trays, which didn’t do anything for me. I wound up returning the trays to their original positions which meant some of my taller items couldn’t fit.

The best thing about having this over the door cabinet organizer is that from the outside it just looks like a towel bar, but when I open my kitchen cabinet door my cleaning items are right there at the ready. It’s a time saver and it saves

my back from having to bend down to reach my cleaning sprays. No more under cabinet deep sea diving!

To sum up, this caddy does not meet all my needs for storage but it is really good for keeping the items I use every day like Windex, sponges and cleaning rags handy so they’re easy to access and put away. That and the clever built in towel bar are enough reason for me to recommend this caddy to anyone who is struggling to get their kitchen organized.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531021561480329/k2311a021/2.1.12