Kardashian Kollection clothing line  » Clothes  »
0.5
  • When I approached the Kardashian clothes to get a closer look at the designs, I was shocked they would agree to put their names on anything as horrendous as what I saw
  • Another issue I had with the line was the fabric choices
  • Overall, I think the Kardashian Kollection is one of the worst clothing lines I have seen which is sad because I think they are great business people
  • The clothing line in one word for me was boring

• by C.Channing

The other day I was shopping in the mall with my mom when we walked into Sears and I spotted the Kardashian clothing line. I really don’t have an opinion of the Kardashian family either way; however, when it comes to clothes I am very opinionated.

When I approached the Kardashian clothes to get a closer look at the designs, I was shocked they would agree to put their names on anything as horrendous as what I saw. The clothing line range from accessories, lingerie, and clothes so I was shocked to see such a mess coming from one line.

The line was not creative, innovative, or fashion forward. There was no point-of-view which was obvious from the lack of harmony in the clothing line. I

could not determine who their customers were except for someone who likes extremely short and tight clothing, and I didn’t see much range as far as size was concerned.

The stitching and finishing was your typical commercial clothing manufacturer, but I wasn’t surprised because all clothing lines are produced that way unless they are constructed and finished by hand and not machine. But designers have to meet certain guidelines to be recognized as a couture clothing line.

The color scheme was all over the place which made the line come off as amateur. The dresses were just too short for my taste, but I’m sure someone will find them appealing. The only thing in the entire line that I liked was a micro skirt that was ...

• a pale pink or nude color which looked as if it was made from organza or an effortless flowing fabric. However, it was just too short for me to wear out in public whether it’s day or night, but it would probably be more appealing for someone under the age of 18.

Another issue I had with the line was the fabric choices. When creating a clothing line choosing the correct fabric can either bring your vision to life or hinder it all together, and their fabric choices for the pieces in their line was just horrible to say the least. Maybe if they chose different fabrics then I probably would have liked the line better, but there were just too many misses for me.

Overall,

I think the Kardashian Kollection is one of the worst clothing lines I have seen which is sad because I think they are great business people; however, this was one business deal they should have either left on the table or hired skilled and qualified designers to create their line. The clothing line in one word for me was boring. It lacked creativity, a point-of-view, originality, and proper execution overall. To me their clothing line doesn’t read fashion but ordinary clothes on a rack. When people buy clothes, especially designer clothes, they are buying into the brand, and even though the Kardashian name is on the line I didn’t see any of their style in their clothes. You can find better clothes in Wal-Mart or Target.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 551021561400329/k2311a021/2.1.12