Fox Theatre in Atlanta  » Entertainment  »
660 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
  • I have been to the Fox Theatre on numerous occasions to view plays, and I have always had an amazing experience
  • The performances are the best part of the Fox Theatre
  • I like to sit on the main level in the middle, so I can see every detail and every act without squinting from the balcony
  • I paid thirty dollars for the nosebleed seats up in the balcony and could only hear the performers

• by pengirl

What is not to love about the Fox Theatre? I have been to the Fox Theatre on numerous occasions to view plays, and I have always had an amazing experience. The performances are not only great, but the place is amazing as well, and I always feel like I am in royalty when I enter the Fox Theatre.

The Fox Theatre is an older theatre that still has all its magic. There are red carpet rugs laid out making it look like you are in royalty and sparkling star lights making it feel like you are at Broadway. The background of the theatre looks like a night sky with the stars and is absolutely gorgeous. I am always in awe of the beauty of the theatre. The building is quite historic, and I am interested in learning

more about the history. There are several sections and balconies of seats. I always try to be seated on the main level because my first time going I was in the top balcony and all I can see is colors on the stage and hear the voices, but I have been in one balcony up from the main level, and I could see really well also. The seats are comfortable and are lined up movie theatre style. The staff is always friendly and helpful there as well. They help you find your seats, and they treat you like a person and not a number despite the large crowds.

The performances are the best part of the Fox Theatre. I am always in awe of the performances because each performance is incredible to watch. Each performance ...

• is well thought out, performed by incredible performances, efficient and the backdrops and costumes are always incredible. I like to sit on the main level in the middle, so I can see every detail and every act without squinting from the balcony. I saw Stomp last year at the Fox, and I was three rows back from the stage, and I was so excited to be able to see every act so clearly including the facial expressions on the performers faces.

The only cons about the Fox Theatre to me are the prices, the parking and some of the seating. The prices vary with which show you are attending, but it is very hard to find tickets for under fifty dollars. There are sales and discounts out there, but you have to look hard to

find the discounts. I wish the prices were more reasonable because for some shows a single ticket is over one hundred dollars. The parking is also annoying because if you park in the designated parking lot for the Fox you easily pay twenty dollars only to park. You can usually find a cheaper nearby parking lot but then you have a long walk to the theatre. The good thing is that the MARTA train station is right around the corner from the Fox if you do not mind taking public transportation. The seating is also not good in some areas of the Fox. I paid thirty dollars for the nosebleed seats up in the balcony and could only hear the performers.

Overall, I am always so excited to be able to see a performance done at the magical Fox Theatre.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5931011561180131/k2311a0131/1.31.12