L. J. Smith The Vampire Diaries show vs. book season 1/book 1  » Books  »
  • Well this book is amazing no doubt about that
  • I don't really like that part of the book, I like the show plot with Caroline and Tyler better
  • Elana is blonde in the book but brunette in the show which i think fits her more
  • When i read I love to see the characters in my mind and because their so different its hard to get a handle on it sometimes
  • All in all their both great and i recommend them to everyone

• by pnmendenhall

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

Well this book is amazing no doubt about that. But it is very different from the show on the CW, in the book Tyler who is a werewolf is a rapist and a killer who obviously rapes Caroline who is blonde in the show but brunette in the book and gets her pregnant with a werewolf baby. Never happens in the show.

I don’t really like that part of the book, I like the show plot with Caroline and Tyler better. Elana is blonde in the book but brunette in the show which i think fits her more.

The whole story line with Katherine who is Stefan and Damons maker also a doppleganger with Elena, in the book

to me is kinda stupid, some of her actions i don’t understand and for me it was hard to follow. In the Awakening when Stefen is talking and we’re seeing it from his point of veiw he switches back and forth from past to present and it’s hard to get used to for me anyways.

Also one thing that i really didn’t like was that Bonnie was white and a red head and was kinda jealous of Elena in the book and in the show she’s black and loves Elena with no jealousy at all. In the show Bonnie and her “grams” are so close and in the book shes basicaly a crazy old women.

I think that ...

• some of the stuff that is in the show is a critcal need that has brought us to the outcome we have now. In the book they basicaly are going towards the same outcomes but don’t have nearly as many things happening, that i think would have made since to happen.

In the book Elena has a very cute little sister who’s 4 named Meridith, and in the show she also has a very cute sibling but its a brother whos about 16+ named Jeremy. In the end of season 1 on the show Caroline has been changed into a vampire by the sexy dangerous vampire Damon and in the book shes really not even mentioned.

To me

I don’t really think that the show should have been named after the book because so many things are different and if your a fan of both as of I it’s really complicated and hard to get used to. When i read I love to see the characters in my mind and because their so different its hard to get a handle on it sometimes.

In certain situations I see Elena as a heartless blonde as she is explained in the book , then others i see her as a beautiful loving brunette. All in all their both great and i recommend them to everyone!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1730011561100231/k2311a0130/1.30.12