Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
  • I like my hand soaps sudsy, and this one has aplenty
  • I think bath and body works was being wordy when they added ‘deep cleansing’ next to antibacterial
  • I thought having beads in a hand cleanser was a bit much
  • The tiny granules scarcely change much of the experience, however
  • Priced at 5 dollars, I recommend this delicious hand soap

• by jhunie

I sorely miss in my bathroom counter the scents of warm vanilla and cookies and cream. I know, it’s a lot right? And what would scents like those be doing in my bathroom counter? I’m not the least bit delusional in imagining food inside the bathroom. Well, I can be a scent glutton just as much as l like to binge on sweet food. The smell is the most indulgent thing when you think about handwashing. Then I’ll bury my nose over my hands and smell it. I have the worst wrinkly, grubby hands sometimes but the warm vanilla sugar deep cleansing hand soap turns them to the yummiest dessert.

The bath and body works warm vanilla sugar hand soap ignites the scent hound and neat freak in me. I am a stickler for

hygiene, and this hand soap doesn’t disappoint in that regard. I like my hand soaps sudsy, and this one has aplenty. The soap seems compatible for washing in tap water, unaffected by its treated quality. I bet it would lather in just about any potable water. Its smooth lather wraps my hands in no time. I go over each digit (at which point I’m actually relishing the scent at the same time). One press down the pump dispenser is adequate amount to wash away the filth off my hands. I rinse the soap like mad, but with pleasure. The soap is easy to wash, leaving behind nothing but the sparkling glow of clean hands, figuratively.

I think bath and body works was being wordy when they added ‘deep cleansing’ next to antibacterial. Couldn’t

it be phrased succinctly as an ‘exfoliating hand soap,’ which it definitively turns out to be? Deep cleansing is not straying out of the context though, because the exfoliating beads maximize the soap’s cleansing ability. I thought having beads in a hand cleanser was a bit much. My hands already take a beating of manual work, and scrubbing would just add up. The tiny granules scarcely change much of the experience, however. The soap isn’t densely packed with exfoliating beads to help me slough off dry skin. But I appreciate having them around. If anything the beads contribute to an utterly clean feeling. Try not to get overwhelmed of scrubbing your hands to avoid drying skin out. If I follow it up so soon, my hands start to feel tight the more ...

• Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
      I use the soap.

I have taken quite a liking to vanilla because of the smell. And I would least expect to find it in a hand soap. The warm vanilla has a soft, milky side that reminds me of smelling the smoked caramels in a pastry shop. I’ve already given away the cookies and cream. It’s crazy I can pick up some good stuff from a hand soap. Overall, warm vanilla sugar strikes me as a gourmand-caramel scent, although sniffing traces of the smell on my hand not only suggests food in their literal meaning. It has a calming aroma. The aroma is so familiar that I liken it to a particular aromatherapy fragrance also by bath and body works, namely the sleep-inducing warm milk and honey massage oil. In a sense, I

like that it has nothing suggestive of bubbly, soapy scents that plague my bathroom. Soap doesn’t have to smell like soap. Instead the scent of the hand soap stands out by creating a relaxing mood like an aromatic bath bomb.

The bottle lasted a long time in my bathroom. It’s beyond my count to determine how many handwashings I’ve had with this hand soap. It goes a long way. I’m very interested to go for the moisturizing version next time, as this was a bit drying. I should note that the drug facts at the back declare Triclosan, an antibacterial chemical commonly found in sanitizers. Some concerns have been raised about the safety of Triclosan in cleansers and detergents, so the antibacterial formula is not very appealing. Priced at 5 dollars, I recommend this delicious hand soap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426011560650931/k2311a0126/1.26.12