Everest Institute, formerly Georgia Medical Institute
1600 Terrell Mill Rd SE # G Marietta, GA 30067
  • I learned a lot at the school and the instructors were helpful making sure we knew what we were doing
  • The pros to Everest were that I enjoyed the program and learning everything medical and clinical
  • Overall, I do recommend Everest Institute for a fast paced, shortened education even though the drama I had to remain positive throughout

• by pengirl

Georgia Medical Institute, now is known as Everest Institute, to be an ideal school for me for medical assisting.

Everest Institute was an ideal school for me because the medical assisting program I attended was eight months long and fast paced. I was almost daily taking tests, doing projects and going to school all morning. There are also other programs that are offered such as pharmacy technician, surgical technician, massage therapy and more. It is also easy to get in to the programs because all I had to do was take a fifteen question test and pass. I was glad of that because my high school grades were never good. Everest Institute does not look at your high school grades at all. Everest was not

a cheap school because my program was around twelve thousand, but then again it was not bad priced since most colleges would charge more than that.

Everest Institute, at the time Georgia Medical, was a good school but had its undesired drama. In the eight months I went to school, I went through four different instructors, and one of the instructors was an overnight change. Than a month before I was to graduate the program the school lost all their credits, so I was not sure that I would even be able to graduate. Thankfully, the school got their credits back, and I was able to graduate but that was undesired drama for me. The school is very ideal but can be disorganized, and the ...

• staff that works there is often lazy.

The school itself is very nice and since it is medical it is nice that it has a hospital feel to it. The classrooms are full of hospital beds and medical equipment. The classes are centered around medical, so I was daily taking blood pressures and giving injections. I learned a lot at the school and the instructors were helpful making sure we knew what we were doing. At the end, you get tested on all that you learned clinically. It was also neat that each program at the school had to wear different colored scrubs. I had to wear burgundy colored scrubs which made me feel like I was right at home in a hospital setting.

The cons to Everest Institute were that they lost their credits at all because most schools would not let that happen. I am not sure why they lost their credits. Also, the fact that the instructors kept quitting was not good either, and they let everyone know what they disliked about the school. It did not feel professional to me.

The pros to Everest were that I enjoyed the program and learning everything medical and clinical. I had fun practicing giving my classmates injections and taking their blood pressures. I learned a lot in class, and I made some valuable friendships in the class.

Overall, I do recommend Everest Institute for a fast paced, shortened education even though the drama I had to remain positive throughout.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5024011559780331/k2311a0124/1.24.12