Love Eau Intense by Chloe Perfume  » Perfume  »
  • The floral-powdery accord definitely induces a not so ordinary mood

• by jhunie

Thank God. Someone has guessed a perfume I’m bound to like. In this case, love. Even if the Love Eau Intense perfume by Chloe hadn’t landed on last Christmas’ presents, I would buy it myself (if I could afford it).

Chloe’s Love eau intense seeks to be loved, and it gets a lot from me. I got a different reaction compared to the time I had had my irreplaceable Chloe EDP. But that doesn’t stop Love Intense from taking the “flavor of the month.” Unlike my favorite Chloe EDP, it could be a passing fragrance. It’s surprisingly pared down for an oriental scent. I’m able to wear it with

confidence and no doubt you can too. The top notes smell fuzzy to me. I’m pretty bad at interpreting florals, not that they’re particularly transparent. Being oriental, the scent gushes a chorus of florals that can be overwhelming at the outset.

It’s when the powdered vanilla kicks in that the perfume smells impeccable. The powdery dry down smells tolerable. So many exquisite perfumes tend to get wasted on creating a sophisticated air. Love intense manages to be sophisticated without the vanilla turning stale on skin. It doesn’t go big on powder at all. I was anticipating a huge puff of powder at the end. Love intense is a powdery floral that’s easy to wear. It’s just like the beguiling Tartine et Chocolat and few other powdery scents I personally like, except that it’s unmistakably feminine.

This is the big sister of the delicate chloe by chloe fragrance, which was once inseparable to me. It’s actually a reinvention of Love Chloe, also a different talc powder fragrance but one I have yet. I smell resins in its base which I attribute to balsam peru – it’s probably just me though because it’s imperceptible. I can draw a masculine side of the fragrance, something like leather. The floral-powdery accord definitely induces a not so ordinary mood. There’s a place and ...

• Love Eau Intense by Chloe Perfume
      time for a perfume like this (oriental frags are too dense for daytime); where and when I leave to your intuition.

Love intense was definitely one of the oft-sprayed fragrances I’ve had in my stash so far. Intense is hardly the word to describe the scent but perhaps apt for its tenacity. The sillage is there, clinging on clothes and assorted objects in my bag. I also love it when the scent pervades my room because the powdery vanilla/iris suggests a “boudoir” kind of intimacy. Its staying power takes a smashing one full day, I wager. That’s how long the dry down lasts on me. The perfume was a gift from my

sister. I rather have someone who has a good grasp of my character buy me perfume. It ends up a good one just like Love Intense. The juice inside the striking bottle has this opulent shade of amber eliciting old-world glamour. I find it hard to snub the bottle on my table from time to time (and rarely do bottles appeal to my sensibilities); it stands out from ascetic perfume bottles that have come to define modern perfumes at least on the outside. It looks warm and inviting.

I would say Love Chloe intense is for the girl who likes bubbly fragrances but is unafraid of risking one foot forward to be sophisticated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5623011559700131/k2311a0123/1.23.12