MiLi Power Crystal Charging Kit  » Electronics  »
  • I like to have access to portable charging solutions everywhere, if possible
  • The last I've recently purchased, and I love to keep the MiLi Power Crystal Charger around the office for a reason
  • Yet still, MiLi never troubles me to plug it anywhere near a wall socket because charging it by PC or laptop is actually more convenient in the office
  • At 40 dollars, I recommend it high up there

• by jhunie

I like to have access to portable charging solutions everywhere, if possible. The more the better. I can’t trust my disorganized self enough that I designate chargers in various places I routinely roam around. If I tote one along with me, I end up leaving the charger in one of those places. To my count, I’m quite sure I have 3 right now. I have placed one in the car, at home and at work. The last I’ve recently purchased, and I love to keep the MiLi Power Crystal Charger around the office for a reason.

It’s a miracle my mobile phones can subsist on a portable charger for more or less 3 days of, well, office charging. The power bank has sufficient reserve to replenish my mobile phones’ batteries, and unlike at home I won’t be stuck near the wall socket like a wallflower waiting for the charge to end. I like that I can move around the lightweight MiLi, and use my phone at the same time, or charge my phone inside my bag or a desk. To hell with wall chargers! Despite my

cellphone towing the MiLi charger, I hardly mind that I’m recharging my phone in actuality. For me it’s just the same as toting my phone in my hand with no mobility issues. And I reckon the Scosche sucked at that because the connector was unbelievably short. There I said it, I hardly mind using the MiLi charger the same way I connect a headset or earphones to my mobile.

There are some realities involved. The MiLi Crystal is good only for a single charge – but for each of my cellphones. It’s still a useful power backup if you don’t wholly rely on it alone (as in you charge cellphone at home; not to mention I’ve got other portable chargers strewn in places). I like to keep it accessible at work because it recharges my iPhone 3G (I know, my phone is ancient but I love it) and Blackberry. The MiLi completely fills my iPhone back to a hundred percent. It’s really because my iPhone’s battery is aging, and it needs frequent charging. So it’s the prime consumer of the supply of dispensable power in the MiLi.

• Coming in second is my Blackberry, which doesn’t pester me as much. By then I only have less than 50 percent of power (30 to 40 %) to keep my Blackberry alive, from which I can get almost an extra day of usage. And life goes on.

The light indicators are an ickle bit unreliable. I know better not to trust them. My intuition seems to be doing a better job at approximating the amount of power left. A button is flanked by light indicators, two on each side, which reflect the supply of power. Pressing the button does that. The lights get fewer as the actual supply dwindles, represented by a total of 4. I always make sure the battery pack is fully charged before use. But there are weird instances when it flashes 3 or 2 lights only at the first charge. So the battery pack depletes while not in use? I doubt it. The indicators are just erratic, since its actual mileage is predictably the same, at 1 and a half rounds for two phones. Almost always.

Don’t

be a bum and expect the battery pack to last like your domestic, proverbial Eveready batteries (unless the device in question is a remote control). The MiLi just adds up to the no. of gadgets we have to recharge. It’s a pain in the butt to wait for the MiLi to finish charging itself. At least the ones who take advantage of its power supply only take up less than 2 hours at best. Charging MiLi lasts up to 4 hours and possibly longer. Apparently the portable charger depends on USB charging to recharge itself. Yet still, MiLi never troubles me to plug it anywhere near a wall socket because charging it by PC or laptop is actually more convenient in the office. The set of connectors encompasses nearly every single brand of mobile phones: mini and micro-USBs for Androids and Blackberries, the one and only Apple connector which works also for iPod touch; and other miscellaneous connectors I’m not familiar with. It’s about the size of my grooming kit, very small and rather hip, in a shiny apple green color. At 40 dollars, I recommend it high up there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623011559601231/k2311a0123/1.23.12