The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 02 Fair Matte  » Cosmetics  »
  • For some reason I found a certain va-va-voom in the Body Shop Honey bronze bronzer
  • I believe it’s a dustier version of ash-brown, but the single word honey will do
  • I think there’s a third one that looks browner than either both
  • I like to use it to contour my cheeks if I feel inspired
  • I paid roughly 20 dollars for the bronzer

• by jhunie

Even though the weather is far from glowing, it wouldn’t hurt to have a bit of bronze, I insist. I resist to let the dismal weather get into my makeup; even blushers look sad, kind of. Searching for that missing ingredient has me blending bronzers and blushes. My face has turned so white to make the lightest bronze difficult to pull off. Only the Body Shop Honey bronze bronzing powder gets it right.

For some reason I found a certain va-va-voom in the Body Shop Honey bronze bronzer. It’s got that oomph. It brings out the subtlest shading that to call it tan would be hyperbole. The bronzer barely shows up, but it has a way of ‘warming’ my face as it sits longer on top of my skin. It’s just like a blush that really melds into the color of my skin, and not as though I simply slapped

pink on my cheeks. The color is not dying to be bronzy, either, or to elicit a strong impression of having been under the sun, which at this time is highly improbable. The honey bronze blends inconspicuously; it takes glances to see the color build up rather shyly on my cheeks. If it had been a different bronzer, I’d have rough streaks.

That oomph is in the honey. I’m referring to the sultry shade. 02 Fair-matte is a golden beige. I believe it’s a dustier version of ash-brown, but the single word honey will do. I can assure you there are no red tones messing up the color, which under unfortunate circumstances makes the dreaded orange-face. The spontaneous look of the bronzer owes a lot to the beige in it. More dabs of the powder darkens the honey shade to brown. Still, it retains that glow (excuse ...

• my use of that hackneyed word) without muddying up my face. The lightest shade (01) would have been a nice bronzer to use all over the face because it blends closer to my skin like foundation, but I need the warmth of this particular shade to kick the gloom out of my complexion. I think there’s a third one that looks browner than either both. I’m amazed that the color alone does the trick without shimmering frills.

Let’s talk about contouring. I like to use it to contour my cheeks if I feel inspired. You can leave it bare on its own without putting blush on top. Otherwise it lends more depth to blush, and makes a good base too. I sweep the powder using a MAC contouring brush. I like to grind the powder on my cheeks by dabbing it in, with the brush of course. The

bronzer has a very fluffy texture with a nice density for a powder in pressed form, though it’s actually not as fine as loose powder.

It also helps that the powder is matte, and if there’s one thing the weather contributes (in fact, it has to do with everything), it’s that I seem to be less shiny than I normally am. It should last long enough. By the end of the day the bronzer has exhausted most of its glow, and I can see more of my blush in its place. Just a trace of color remains. I’m fine with it as long as it doesn’t diffuse to an orange color. I think the compact is exquisite. The pan is designed with a geometrical pattern inside that evokes honeycomb. I paid roughly 20 dollars for the bronzer. I highly approve. The honey bronze bronzer beats the weather!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120011559430231/k2311a0120/1.20.12