Christina Perri’s lovestrong. (Deluxe Edition) Album  » Music  »
  • Now, I'm a huge Perri fan, so I was destined to like the album, but even so, I like it more than I thought I would
  • I think all of the songs are really descriptive of her and her life, which I appreciate
  • I love CDs that have a mission, an objective, so I loved learning early on that this album is one of those few and far between jewels
  • It's an amazing piece, both for its vocal prowess and romantic value
  • I am so thrilled with this album I would even consider buying a second album

• by sbronson

A few days ago I bought lovestrong. by Christina Perri on iTunes. Now, I’m a huge Perri fan, so I was destined to like the album, but even so, I like it more than I thought I would. In fact, I’ve bought maybe 20 CDs in the past 12 months, and this has been my favorite.

Christina Perri’s voice is almost magical to me, with its fluidity and softness. All of the songs on the CD showcase her voice and lyrics. I think all of the songs are really descriptive of her and her life, which I appreciate. I appreciate honesty in music.

Among my favorite songs on the CD are “Bluebird” and “Slow Song.” “Bluebird” is the opening song.

It opens with “How the hell does a broken heart/Get back together when it’s torn apart?”, which creates the opening theme for the rest of the album. I love CDs that have a mission, an objective, so I loved learning early on that this album is one of those few and far between jewels. It’s perfectly personal, which really is right down my alley. “Slow Song” is a reflective number about coming-of-age and dealing with heartbreak and the stress on one’s soul. As a late teenager, it’s not only relate-able to me, but it’s also changed my opinions on growing up and helped to shape my ideas about the topic. All while, of course, being catchy enough to be ...

• stuck in my head for days on end. It also has “Arms” and “Jar of Hearts” on it, which, being her most famous tracks, were good to have at hand when I was still getting used to her other works.

In all actuality, I can’t stop listening to the album. It’s an amazing piece, both for its vocal prowess and romantic value. She has several songs, such as in “Tragedy,” where she has these slide progressions that give me the chills. I can hear the passion and pain in her voice, which is something I find value in. Love’s really a touchy subject for my generation, and for anyone, I’m sure, and Perri really opens up and is honest about

the pain and long-term torment that love brings. All while making love still seem worth it. The whole thesis that that creates is very human: there’s a mix of tribulation and triumph in falling in love.

The recording work is also good. The balance is perfect, with her in front and the band behind (as the music is fairly simple and used mainly to help maintain a melody or create a light harmony and key). I didn’t have to adjust my speaker settings, like I do with most of my more poorly mixed purchases.

I am so thrilled with this album I would even consider buying a second album. I absolutely love every song and note that the album features. It’s truly lovely.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420011559320231/k2311a0120/1.20.12