Maybelline Dream Nude Air Foam Foundation
1.0
  • If you are someone who is considering purchasing one or the other, I honestly recommend getting the Revlon foundation rather than this one based on the difference in the amounts of coverage that these two products give

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Maybelline Dream Nude Air Foam Foundation. It is one of the new products being made available by a drugstore makeup brand. So many new products came out in the past month and a lot of them are very similar to one another. This foundation is incredibly similar to the new Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse which I have also tried (and given a positive review of). If you are someone who is considering purchasing one or the other, I honestly recommend getting the Revlon foundation rather than this one based on the difference in the amounts of coverage that these two products give. This Maybelline foundation gives such poor coverage that I will probably try to give it away to someone else because I just can’t see

myself using it on a daily basis, if at all.

This air foam foundation also comes in a can (like the Revlon PhotoReady) that you have to shake up before spraying the product out of the pump. I do not like how quickly the product gets dispensed from the pump. I always end up pumping out too much every time, wasting a bunch of the product in the process. The pump just does not have good control. I do like the fact that the foundation is super light and fluffy when I initially pump it out onto my hand. When I start to manipulate it with either my fingers or a brush, it turns into a more liquid-y consistency but is still pretty light. It is not as creamy as the ...

• Revlon PhotoReady Mousse and it also does not have any shimmer particles in it so it does not give as luminous a finish. The thing that I hate most of all about this product is the lack of coverage. It honestly looks much more like a tinted moisturizer than an actual foundation. Whereas I’d call the Revlon foundation medium to full coverage, I would say that this is super light coverage. It is light to the point that it does not have enough pigmentation to cover my dark circles, hyperpigmentation, or the light birth mark on my cheek. It only evens my skin tone very slightly.

It contains SPF 16 so there is a good amount of sun protection, though I am always wary of high SPF foundations because they

tend to give a whitish cast in flash photography. Overall, I have to give the Maybelline Dream Nude Air Foam Foundation a rating of a 2 out of 10. I do not like how sheer it goes on and I do not like how wasteful the pump is because it does not allow that much control over how much product is dispensed. I do not recommend this foundation. If you are the type of person who already has very even toned skin, then by all means try this out. It will give you a good level of tint and won’t feel super heavy on the skin. However, if you are looking for something similar that will actually give you flawless skin, skip this and go for the Revlon PhotoReady Mousse instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120011559290131/k2311a0120/1.20.12