Radox Clean and Protect Antibacterial Handwash
  • However those should not deter you from using the product, if you wish

• by jhunie

I furnish the wash basin with personal toiletries. And the sink can’t be complete without hand soap. At home I feel at peace only when my hands are clean. Handwashing with soap and water is a practice that sometimes compromises our skin-conscious selves (down the drain goes my week’s manicure). Getting scaly hands is one thing that stands in the way. In addition to my top concerns, there are other issues that shake the Radox clean and protect handwash out from its place.

The thing about this handwash is its non-soapy lather. The handwash lathers, alright. It’s just not as rich and foamy as domestic hand soaps. The liquid struck me with confusion when I squirted some out of the bottle. I had to ask my mom if someone diluted the damn thing. It turns out…it is what it is. It’s so thinned out

like a concentrated dishwashing soap diminished 3 or more times in tap water. It is unbelievably watered-down for a hand soap, literally. The first pump yielded very few bubbles to clean both hands. Ultimately I followed it up with another, and almost always two pumps delivered a desirable lather, but still considerably less when pitted against other foaming hand soaps. I’m not optimistic this would last me for a while on account of the lather.

Beyond the surface, the liquid soap, as fitting as that sounds, is strikingly mediocre. My point being that the hand soap is strikingly different in consistency but a plain soap nonetheless. It makes my hands clean, of course, and it rinses easily. My hands get nothing more than a good cleanse, although I feel a tad squeaky after consistent use. There’s no moisturizing effect to speak of. I’m pleased to say ...

• it never leaves my hands feeling tight. The skin on my palms peeled off when I used to wash my hands with dishwashing soap, which essentially brings to the fore the reason why I’ve been using hand soaps like this. I guess the dilute concentration makes good sense in preventing that from happening. You’re more likely to feel deprived of lather than overdoing it. It doesn’t dehydrate my digits and nails, either.

I can forgive the diluted soap in favor of the natural formula. Behold the packaging before buying, because only through which can you understand the odd soap solution inside the bottle. There’s no telling from the looks of the bottle that it’s made from natural cleansers. To back it up, I should mention that it uses eco-friendly ingredients like tea tree oil and thyme. Either antibacterial ingredient is probably better than Triclosan, though I don’t

mind having it in sanitizers. So maybe the semi-natural formula (it does have SLS) manifests through the liquid consistency. It contains sodium chloride aka salt if that’s helpful.

It’s really the admirable scent that weakens my prejudices toward the product. I like it a lot. The handwash smells of clean laundry on my hands, much like fabric conditioner. At the sink it reeks of a masculine scent, slightly aquatic. The pump is a good dispenser, but the runny liquid sometimes flows out of my hands. The item came from a set I received last Christmas. For now it stays in place, but buying another would be a dim prospect. My thoughts pertaining to the liquid consistency may sound disparaging. However those should not deter you from using the product, if you wish. If you’re looking for a natural hand soap, well, here it is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3419011559240231/k2311a0119/1.19.12