Samsung Modus HM3500 Bluetooth
1.5
  • At first, I thought that this would make a very good hands free calling tool
  • The other thing I found out was that the microphones are in different spots
  • There is an even bigger problem I've noticed
  • In the end, I do not recommend this Bluetooth device

• by MisterTickle

At first, I thought that this would make a very good hands free calling tool. This device basically connects to my phone and it gives me the option of calling without actually holding my phone. This is usually great for driving. I don’t need to drive with one hand or take my eyes off the road. I saw the features offered, and decided I could really use one of these.

This Bluetooth device has a noise cancellation technology, or at least that’s what it claims. There is also something else that made me choose this over the other Bluetooth devices. For this one, it comes with a set of ear buds, which I feel can be used interchangeably with other devices. Also, on top of this, there are two microphones on this Bluetooth. For other brands,

I did not see this option. I guess this is why I chose this one rather than other brands.

The first thing I tested was the noise cancellation feature. I am used to being in an environment with a lot of background noise. It would be nice to be able to filter out the noise. To me, I find that this noise cancellation feature isn’t useful when using the Bluetooth device itself. It is actually much better when using the ear buds. This Bluetooth headset comes with ear buds, which can be used interchangeably with the device. Without the ear buds, the Bluetooth device is attached to my left ear. However, if I use the ear buds, then I can just let the device dangle. When I just use the Bluetooth device by itself, without ...

• ear buds, the noise cancellation isn’t very good. It actually feels worse. I can hear background noise through my right ear and then I can hear the sound from the speaker of the Bluetooth in my left ear. Together, this feels very awkward. This noise cancellation claim is only partially correct. The noise cancellation works best only with the ear buds.

The other thing I found out was that the microphones are in different spots. From the description, I thought there are two microphones close to each other, making it super sensitive to my voice. It turns out that there is one microphone designed to capture my voice while using the Bluetooth device without ear buds. The other is on top for when I do use the Bluetooth with ear buds. I find that the microphone

isn’t very sensitive. While I was using the device, I can hear the other end telling me to speak up because they can hardly hear me. In a way, the dual microphone feature isn’t really helpful because the microphone isn’t any more sensitive. In the end, it really isn’t helping me much.

There is an even bigger problem I’ve noticed. The battery isn’t very well built. I can barely get enough talk time. This is not good since I have to constantly answer calls. This means that the speaker just about always in use. In the end, I do not recommend this Bluetooth device. At first, I was very taken in by the features it offered, but it turned out to be nothing special as they aren’t the greatest and not the most suitable for my needs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1618011559120331/k2311a0118/1.18.12