Carowinds Amusement Park in Charlotte, NC.  » Entertainment  »
14523 Carowinds Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28273-6756
  • The rides are my favorite part of amusement parks, and Carowinds has the best variety of rides then any amusement park I have ever been to
  • If you come first thing in the morning, you can avoid the long lines because sometimes you can wait hours for a ride

• by pengirl

Carowinds is one of my favorite places to visit and has been since I was a young girl. I used to live near Carowinds, so I spent many summers with friends and family at Carowinds,

Carowinds is a large amusement park that has every kind of ride you can think of. The park is sectioned off having a section for the kid’s rides, a section for the water rides, a section for the booths where you get your hair done or a fake tattoo plastered on. The roller coasters are scattered about the park, and the non roller coasters park are sectioned together but also scattered. The water park is a fun area full of water slides with ridiculous long lines, and a lazy river that is fast moving and long. The

kid’s section is actually really good unlike most parks because it has miniaturized rides for kids and a bunch of fun dressed up characters. You can get food throughout the park at different places, and there food is average. You can get a lot of pizza, chicken fingers and french fries.

The rides are my favorite part of amusement parks, and Carowinds has the best variety of rides then any amusement park I have ever been to. You can do the swings that put you up high in the sky or motion rides where you sit on a seat and while a screen plays a movie you are riding along with the movie. There are really good roller coasters which are my favorite part. There is a roller coaster, Thunder Road, that goes backwards ...

• and frontwards, but it is a wooden roller coaster that is very rough. There is my all time favorite, Top Gun, which is an upside down roller coaster that is fast. I also enjoy the Intimidator that has you lying down and shoots you fast. I enjoy the selection of roller coasters.

The park is always pretty clean and picked up. It is a busy, crowded park, so I understand occasional spills. The park is also ran majorly by teenage kids, but that is also a plus because they are energetic and friendly most of the time. Carowinds is decently priced at about an average of fifty dollars a ticket. The food is overpriced, but most amusement parks have food prices that are high. The good thing is you can get plenty of

discounts in local stores or online for Carowinds.

The pros to Carowinds are that the rides are a lot of fun, and I never get bored there. I can spend all day riding rides and having fun. I also like the great discounts and deals for the park. There one time was a deal that if you brought used books you got in free.

The cons to Carowinds are like most amusement parks, and that is the long lines for the rides. Carowinds is a busy park and sometimes very crowded. If you come first thing in the morning, you can avoid the long lines because sometimes you can wait hours for a ride.

Overall, I miss Carowinds being close to where I live and enjoy going back to riding more rides.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5918011558770231/k2311a0118/1.18.12