Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact Deep Fryer  » Housewares  »
  • I decided to try one of these deep fryer mainly because I would like to avoid using the pan
  • Inside the box, I found a very short manual that explains how it works and it offers some safety precautions
  • I like how the outside body is stainless steel
  • To me, I do not recommend it for parties or large gatherings

• by MisterTickle

I decided to try one of these deep fryer mainly because I would like to avoid using the pan. I usually just use a pot and fill it with oil. I would like something a bit cleaner. A friend actually recommended this model for me and I decided to try it out.

This fryer is very straight forward. Inside the box, I found a very short manual that explains how it works and it offers some safety precautions. Other than that, there is the deep fryer and a removable cord. The design is pretty nice. I find that this is well built in terms of structure and quality. I like how the outside body is stainless steel. This makes it quite easy to clean anything that splashes out while in use.

After

setting it up, I finally used it. This is very easy to use. There is just one control dial to set the temperature. Other than that, there is just a set of lights. It shows the status of the fryer. It will start by lighting up the “Heat Up” side, and then switch over to the “Ready” side. This will signal when I can start using it. This product is just so simple to use. It is very easy to understand, mainly because there are not a lot of controls I have to worry about.

My only disappointment is the size of the deep fryer. It is small enough for me to put it on the kitchen counter and have leftover space for the stuff I want to fry. However, it does ...

• introduce some limitations. I find that I cannot fry a lot of stuff at once. I have to put it in a little at a time. This doesn’t concern me when I am using it to cook for myself. However, when I have friends over, it is quite hard to cook for everyone. Some people will be eating already while others will still be waiting for their first serving. To me, I do not recommend it for parties or large gatherings. The size of this fryer simply cannot accommodate the large group size. It is best to switch to a larger fryer capacity.

In terms of the cooking, it does a good job with fries and chicken wings. I mainly just fry fries and chicken wings because they are very easy to prepare.

I also cry some vegetables such as eggplants. They taste great, especially the fries. I would say that the fries made from this fryer is better than McDonald’s. I guess this is mainly because I can control how soft or hard I want my fries to be. I like crunchy fries so I would over fry it a bit.

Simplicity is good. However, the cleaning is quite painful. It does not come with dish washer safe parts. This means that I have to manually hand wash the fryer. However, the good thing is that the cord is removable. This is very useful because I don’t have to worry about the cord getting wet or anything like that. This is a good fryer for personal use, but not for parties or large groups of people.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317011558620631/k2311a0117/1.17.12