Six Flags over Texas  » Entertainment  »
2.5
2201 Road to Six Flags Arlington, Texas 76011
  • For me, I had the two Six Flags parks to compare, so I must admit I was disappointed in Six Flags over Texas
  • I did get a bottle of water, and it cost me three dollars which is a ridiculous price
  • That was my only highlight to the whole experience
  • Also, I was impressed by the eating area even though we did not buy any food
  • I noticed cracks in the cement and plastic grids and all the rides were faded in color

• by pengirl

I had never been to Six Flags over Texas before until I was visiting my brother in San Antonio, Texas. I am from Atlanta, Georgia, so I am familiar with Six Flags and was looking forward to trying another Six Flags.

For me, I had the two Six Flags parks to compare, so I must admit I was disappointed in Six Flags over Texas. The park is located in what appears to be the middle of a desert and even the park itself has a dry appearance. There is not really a theme to the park, and the rides are just thrown here and there inside the park. The park is not very decorated even though it does have the brightly colored rides and happy music playing. There are booths in the park where you can get hair wraps done or tattoos and few shops scattered about.

There are also eating establishments , but I rarely eat at amusement parks because they are so expensive. I did get a bottle of water, and it cost me three dollars which is a ridiculous price.

The rides to me are not very exciting either. Most of the rides were closed down and others had a time listed on them letting you know when the ride will open. When my brother and I arrived, most rides were closed, and we ended up riding a few kid rides until the rest of the rides opened. The rides were only average in fun and most of the rides were older, so I felt that the rides were really rough. There was a superman ride that was fun until the kid in front of us threw up on it, and we had to get off. There was one ride ...

• my brother and I were excited to ride, and everybody else thought the ride would be fun also apparently because the line was very long. My brother and I waited almost two hours to ride this ride, and it was not that exciting. Most of the rides are run down and rough.

The cost to get in the park was not bad, and my brother and I were fortunate enough to have a coupon. I am glad I did not pay a bunch of money to go to Six Flags because I was disappointed. The usual cost is around fifty dollars, and I only paid twenty dollars thankfully.

The pros to Six Flags are that I did get my picture taken with a few of the cartoon characters. That was my only highlight to the whole experience. Also, I was impressed by the eating area even though

we did not buy any food. The eating area was nice with a variety of restaurants, and there was plenty of seating to sit down and eat. The park is also not overly crowded but then I did got early in the day.

The cons to Six Flags are numerous. I only stayed at the park for two hours because my brother and I both got bored with the rides. None of the rides were exciting and only average. There was a few that went upside down and a few that went forwards but were not thrilling. Also, the park is run down and older looking and could use some maintenance. I noticed cracks in the cement and plastic grids and all the rides were faded in color.

Overall, my experience at Six Flags over Texas was disappointing, and I do not plan on returning anytime soon.

Six Flags over Texas

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5916011558360731/k2311a0116/1.16.12