Continental Airlines  » Airlines  »
1.5
  • I know it was a short flight (a little over an hour), but I've never heard of a commercial plane without ANY bathrooms
  • The only thing to sum up my experience is

• by Melanie Noell

I hadn’t flown Continental in quite a while, and I’m pretty sure I will never fly them again. Although my flight was decent enough, it was no thanks to them and their awful customer service.

I booked my flight through an outside travel site (probably Orbitz), and after checking my flight about 50 times between the time I booked it and the time we set off, they suddenly changed my seating plan the night before our first flight. As a matter of fact, according to Continental, we only had one seat guaranteed. WHAT? I immediately contacted both Orbitz and Continental, and although Orbitz was useless, at least they answered my questions. Continental never got back to me

about ANYTHING and offered absolutely no help whatsoever.

We decided to get there early, and fortunately, our seating situation had been resolved. We boarded both planes somewhat quickly because we had seats near the back (and in the very back in one instance) which was nice. The seats were surprisingly comfortable in the very back although it felt like I was constantly leaning forward. This small jet had better seating than the big plane, but no bathroom. What?! I know it was a short flight (a little over an hour), but I’ve never heard of a commercial plane without ANY bathrooms. I’m just baffled, and there was no warning, so I held it for the entire trip,

• not knowing I was boarding a bathroomless trap.

The large plane was substantially less comfortable. The seats were smaller and just unpleasant. There was one drink service and no complimentary food service on the 4 and a half hour flight. That’s ridiculous. The stewardesses pushed the for-purchase food that was overpriced and looked unappetizing. Even the pilot made an announcement about it! He was hired to fly the plane, not sell your crap, Continental. We packed all of our stuff into carry-ons, so we didn’t have to pay a baggage fee, which was ridiculous. Fortunately, they do have pretty generous carry-on rules.

Oh, and the TV wasn’t working. Not that I would PAY for cable television on a

flight, but we didn’t have the choice since it was broken. Throughout the entire plane. Whatever happened to showing a movie in the cabin on long flights?!

I will say this. They have a far more organized boarding procedure than Delta, who seats by some half-witted zone, and people pretty much get on wherever and whenever they like. The people at the gate (who are AIRPORT employees, not Continental employees) were very sure to keep people from boarding before they were supposed to.

The only thing to sum up my experience is: Never again. I know airlines are awful, but Continental takes the cake. It’s bad enough that my flight was miserable, it’s worse that the company won’t even help me.

Continental Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4016011558310731/k2311a0116/1.16.12