Panera Bread, Hackettstown NJ.
2045 Rt. 57, Hackettstown NJ, 07840.
  • Panera Bread prides on their customers, claiming that customer is the most important aspect of the job, over all else
  • There are even several “Panera Cares” cafes open throughout the midwest, a kind of restaurant where you pay only what you want to or what you have—there is only a recommended price

• by Miranda

Over the past few years, the fast-casual food chain “Panera Bread” has grown quite substantially, it’s bakery café atmosphere offering not only quality products, but great service as well. I’m sure that five years ago you’ve never heard of Panera Bread, but over the past few years it is one of the few companies to grow in this recession, it’s name becoming more and more common as old favorites start to drown in debt. What is Panera Bread doing right in these rough times? How are they able to open double the amount of café’s they had the year before without breaking a sweat? It’s obvious once you take the time to eat at one of their establishments; it’s a place definitely worth spending your hard earned money at.

Panera Bread prides on their customers, claiming that customer is the most important aspect of the job, over all else. Sure, they care about making money, but they care more about making sure that every customer leaves with a smile. There are even several “Panera Cares” cafes open throughout the midwest, a kind of restaurant where you pay only what

you want to or what you have—there is only a recommended price. I don’t see any other companies going above and beyond for their customers like that.

Getting into specifics, they pride on their quality ingredients, such as all natural products and making sure that everything is “fresh every day.” Nothing is recycled, and all pastries are given to donations at the end of the night. Whatever is purchased at a bakery café was made that day, there is no need to worry about how long something has been sitting out, or the quality of the product. They pride on their quality.

Panera Bread is considered to be a fast-casual restaurant, which is helpful because I am able to be in and out within 5 minutes, with a fresh, healthy meal in hand. The cashiers are speedy, and the associates hired to make the food are given a three-minute time limit as to when an order needs to be finished—that way the customer could be on their way without hassle. There have been several times that I’ve been late for work and stopping at Panera for my usual coffee and ...

• breakfast sandwich didn’t cause a delay at all—I was out just as fast as I was in with something healthier than McDonalds in my system.

Getting on to my next topic—the world today is so focused on keeping healthy, but that proves to be a very difficult task in today’s day and age. There is always something to do, somewhere to be, and there isn’t always time to make a fresh, home-cooked healthy meal. Greasy fast food chains become a bad habit, but we’re unable to do anything about it because we’re always in a rush.

But then there’s Panera. They’re fast AND healthy, and I’m able to get a fresh, healthy, grease-free lunch that makes me feel good…!

And maybe it’s just me, but every time I step into a café I always see smiling associates. They’re friendly, knowledgeable and generally seem to enjoy their job—the demeanor of the entire restaurant seems to brighten my day every day I stop in. Whether it’s early in the morning for a coffee, for lunch or a quick dinner, there is always a smiling associate waiting to greet me.

I speak in

particular about the Panera Bread café in Hackettstown New Jersey—it’s a quaint little café that’s outdated by most of the others surrounding it, but it’s homier that any I’ve ever been to. The morning associates, Michele and Tiffany, know me by name and greet me every morning as though we’re old friends—it’s a great start to my day. The entire management team is pleasant and outgoing, not only serving their customers but befriending them as well. Visiting this bakery café has become one of my daily routines, and the café has found a way to incorporate itself into my life permanently.

Now, some of the products could be a bit pricier than wished for, but after the excellent service provided and the quality of the products I don’t care to spend that extra dollar—I find it to be well worth it.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that such a homey café could be a corporate business, and to this day I still wonder how the genius behind Panera figured out the secret to making a chain of mom and pop café’s that feel as though you’re right at home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 716011558230631/k2311a0116/1.16.12