Hartke A100 Bass Amplifier  » Electronics  »
  • Its features assure a whole new bass playing experience

• by blackslip010

As a bass player, it is important not only to choose a quality bass guitar, but also a quality bass amplifier as well. If you want to take your bass playing to a whole new level, the Hartke A100 bass amplifier is the product for you.

Its features assure a whole new bass playing experience. The amplifier has a huge 15 inch aluminium bass driver that receives a hundred Watts. The design will also fit your preference in terms of playing. It can either be flat on the floor for that whole bass sound or be in a “kickback” position for ‘increased high end clarity’. It has flexible inputs – inputs for both active and passive bass guitars that make this amplifier ‘almost impossible to overload’. Bass and Treble

settings are included as well as high-quality seven band Graphic Equalizer that enables you to play at your own taste – either playing one that sounds like a super-deep reggae, something “hi-fi” or even a twangy, cutting sound. There is also a CD input wherein you can plug in MP3 or CD players. There is also a separate headphone output that enables individual practicing and hinders the sound to come out of the speaker but rather in the headphone. And most importantly, this amplifier is designed to resist damage and is described to be very “road worthy”.

I am amazed with this amplifier. When I first used it, even when the volume is only turned up at one, I already feel the other things around me vibrating and shaking.

• It is that awesome in volume one – imagine what it can do when the volume is turned up to ten.

It is not like any bass amplifier I have used before. Hartke A100 always ensures a great bass-playing experience no matter what your style may be. Based on experience, I was able to take my playing to new heights with this amplifier. As a matter of fact, with this amplifier, I was able to explore and learn different styles of playing. My personal style is somewhat like a deep reggae – I keep the treble settings into a minimum. But, using this amplifier, I was able to try the opposite of my personal style that gives out a cutting sound – this is where the treble is

turned up high and the bass is low and here, I’ve also tried the mid sound wherein the bass and the treble are of the same levels. Honestly, with other simple bass amplifiers, you cannot distinguish the difference of the sounds – it almost sounds all the same. But with this amplifier, you can clearly distinguish the difference. Its high quality Graphic Equalizers, bass and treble functions make sure of that.

This is definitely worth trying. I strongly recommend this amplifier. You will surely notice the difference of the sound of the bass with this amplifier compared to others. It is a great amplifier. It has great quality and it is made for a great bass playing experience. Do try this product. For me, it deserves more than a two thumbs up.

Danny says :

Hartke amplifiers are amazing Have you tried dipping out the mid’s by about -9db [at] 1k while leaving the low and hi in place? You will be astonished

blackslip010 says :

Yes, I did try it. It’s amazing. This amp did help me in exploring different sounds, not only the typical thick low bass one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1613011557901231/k2311a0113/1.13.12