Zyrtec Allergy Medication  » Medicine  »
  • Since he was feeling pretty miserable, he went to the local pharmacy and asked what they would recommend to help him
  • The Zyrtec claims to last 12 hours, and I believe it truly does
  • I would dare say that this is the best cold medication I have ever tried as far as its effectiveness
  • I bought the box that had the foil strips that contained the pills, and it was nearly impossible to push a pill through the wrapping

• by kaygen

I have mild allergies in the summer months, but usually they are not so bad that I need to take medication on a regular basis. If they get too bad to handle, I usually take a Benedryl or something similar. Recently, my husband had a bad cold where he was totally congested, and also had a runny nose and cough. Since he was feeling pretty miserable, he went to the local pharmacy and asked what they would recommend to help him. They recommended Zyrtec, so he purchased it. Now, I have to admit, I was pretty upset that he spent so much money on a cold medication when we already had medicine in the house. This stuff is not cheap. The box costs $22, and

I figured it was a waste of money. The next day, I began to feel a cold coming on. Although I tried to fight it with vitamins, rest, and healthy eating, it came on full-force a day later. I was so congested and stuffed-up, that I couldn’t breathe well. My head felt like it may explode. My nose was running like a faucet. I had a headache. I was sneezing constantly.

So, I put up with my symptoms for a day or so, then decided to try to Zyrtec. Even though this stuff is advertised as an “allergy” medication, the label claimed it would relieve all the symptoms I was experiencing. Within 20 minutes of taking this medicine, my sinuses began to open ...

• up and feel clearer. Within an hour, I could not believe how much better I felt. I will say, this medication did make me rather drowsy. Either that, or the drowsiness was just part of my sickness. But either way, I needed to lay down after taking this. The good news is that I was able to get the rest I needed to help me get better.

The Zyrtec claims to last 12 hours, and I believe it truly does. I honestly thought this stuff must have cured my cold completely. But after about 15 hours, my symptoms began to return. I took another dose of the medication, and again, it relieved all my symptoms. This stuff really works. It helped my runny

nose, my congestion, my sneezing, and my headache and made me feel like myself again. Yes, it is pricey, but I will buy it over and over because of the relief it gives. I would dare say that this is the best cold medication I have ever tried as far as its effectiveness.

The only thing I didn’t like about the product was the packaging. I bought the box that had the foil strips that contained the pills, and it was nearly impossible to push a pill through the wrapping. You will need a scissors handy to get at the medication.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone who suffers from allergy or cold symptoms. It is pricey, but well worth the money because it works and actually relives symptoms!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2612011557820431/k2311a0112/1.12.12