Master Your Theory Grade Four Revised Edition by Dulcie Holland
  • I like how it divides every topic up easily, and every lesson focuses on that single topic
  • Compared to other theory books I have used, I guess this book's instructions were not as clear to understand sometimes, and at the back of the book there is only one page of extra space for more practice and writing but for me it was no problem
  • I know from experience that a few other theory books have had typos and mistakes on a few pages
  • For me, 'Master Your Theory' cost $16.50 but I think you can get it for a much cheaper price if you buy it second-hand
  • So I recommend you stick with 'Master Your Theory' if you're ever looking to buy a theory book

• by RSreviewer

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I am doing grade four piano theory at the moment and ‘Master Your Theory’ by Dulcie Holland is the book I’m currently using. I have used other theory books before but this version gets straight to the point and teaches you what you need to learn right away. The workbook isn’t very thick, and it covers everything you need to know in just nineteen short lessons.

I like how it divides every topic up easily, and every

lesson focuses on that single topic. At the beginning of the lesson it gives you a brief description of what you’ll be learning about, and then it sets out around 15 exercises for you to work through. The exercises start off simple and slowly get harder so you can work at a relaxed pace and find it relatively easy to understand.

Compared to other theory books I have used, I guess this book’s instructions were not ...

• as clear to understand sometimes, and at the back of the book there is only one page of extra space for more practice and writing but for me it was no problem; I simply photocopied it a few times.

Another reason you should stick with ‘Master Your Theory’ is because this edition has been revised many times and has no errors at all. I know from experience that a few other theory books have had typos

and mistakes on a few pages.

For me, ‘Master Your Theory’ cost $16.50 but I think you can get it for a much cheaper price if you buy it second-hand. You’ll find that many other theory books cost $20 or so and aren’t worth it. So I recommend you stick with ‘Master Your Theory’ if you’re ever looking to buy a theory book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1711011557501231/k2311a0111/1.11.12