Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park  » Travel  »
900 Kennesaw Mountain Drive, Kennesaw,GA 30152
  • I can spend hours at Kennesaw Mountain, and I consider it a treasure
  • The best part of this park in my opinion is the view from the top
  • Also, if you are a civil war junkie you will probably be disappointed with the amount of Civil War history

• by pengirl

Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park is one of my favorite places to be. It is only minutes away from Barrett Parkway, which is a busy part of Kennesaw, but enough distance that you feel like you are out of the city. I can spend hours at Kennesaw Mountain, and I consider it a treasure.

The national park is beautiful with a variety of trees, plants, and trails. There is a visitor’s center that has all sorts of Civil War history inside. You can watch a short video and look at displays that speak about the Civil War. There is also a large green field where the visitor’s center is

located and often events take place in this field. I once saw the field covered with beautiful flags and another time there was a civil war re-enactment taking place.

There are several trails surrounding Kennesaw Mountain, and then there is one main trail that leads up the mountain to the top. That trail is light hiking and maybe a mile and a half long. There is a little bit of history to be viewed on the trail on the way up to the top. There are a few old canons, and a few signs marking an important area that you can view. A neat part of Kennesaw Mountain is that ...

• even though the national park is located smack in the middle of a busy city there is still wild life running around if you hike the trails. I see deer, squirrels, and plenty of birds which is so neat to me.

The best part of this park in my opinion is the view from the top. There is a breath taking view of trees that stretch out for miles and a view of the Atlanta skyline. I can stand for a while admiring the view. I also enjoy hiking the trails and love it when I see deer. Another plus is that the park is a hundred percent free, and

you do not have to pay to park even.

The cons to the national park are that the park is always very busy, and it is hard to find a close place to park. There was an additional parking lot recently built, but it is a good walk from the visitor’s center. The park is always busy, but I have never felt it was overwhelmingly busy. Also, if you are a civil war junkie you will probably be disappointed with the amount of Civil War history. There really is not a whole lot to be seen.

Overall, I will continue to enjoy this park and realize what a treasure it is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3811011557461231/k2311a0111/1.11.12