Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Ultra Smoothing Bronzer
1.5
  • I think this bronzer is a bit too light for my skin so some more color variety would be nice
  • I also dislike the brush that the compact comes with but rarely do I like any of the brushes that come in compacts from drugstore brands
  • With bronzer, I love getting a subtle sheen but I never like having actual glitter on my cheeks
  • I have not noticed any irritation, redness, or acne from the use of this product

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Ultra Smoothing Bronzer from my local Walgreen’s. This is one of those makeup products that I picked up because it caught my eye on the shelf. It has such cute packaging with a cute little gold tassel hanging off of the compact. The bronzer itself has this pattern on it (that ends up getting ruined after you have dipped your brush into it a few times but that’s okay). It is basically just a bronzer but the unique thing about it is how smooth it is supposed to make the skin feel. It is

supposed to “look” and feel like cashmere. I didn’t really believe that this would be that smooth, but I did want to see if any of the claims were true.

Something I do not like is that this bronzer only comes in two shades – Light Bronzer and Bronzer. I wish there were at least one more darker shade. I think this bronzer is a bit too light for my skin so some more color variety would be nice. I also dislike the brush that the compact comes with but rarely do I like any of the brushes that come in compacts from

drugstore brands. I also don’t like how orange-y this bronzer looks. It almost looks like fake tan gone wrong. Plus, the fact that it contains real glitter particles really bothers me. With bronzer, I love getting a subtle sheen but I never like having actual glitter on my cheeks. That is totally tacky for anyone above the age of six. I want a warm toned bronzer but I don’t want to be orange. I want shimmer but I don’t want glitter. This bronzer fails at both of those things.

The only things that I like about this bronzer have nothing to do with ...

• Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Ultra Smoothing Bronzer
      the way that it looks but the way it was made. It is hypoallergenic. It is also oil free and non-comedogenic so it does not clog my pores or make me break out. I have not noticed any irritation, redness, or acne from the use of this product. I also love that it doesn’t have any weird fragrances to it. Bronzer should never smell like perfume. These things aren’t enough to make me continue to wear this bronzer though. I hate the glitter.

As for whether this bronzer actually feels as smooth as cashmere, I do not really have one opinion one way

or the other because it is pretty impossible to feel it once it has been brushed onto the cheeks. It obviously does not feel harsh at all but I wouldn’t say that this bronzer makes my cheeks feel as smooth as all of the claims on the packaging would seem to suggest.

Overall, I have to give the Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Ultra Smoothing Bronzer a rating of a 3 out of 10. I had high expectations but it really did not impress me. This was basically a lesson to me that I shouldn’t buy makeup products just based on how cute the packaging is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319011556660231/k2311a019/1.9.12