Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have been using this for the past two weeks and I really love it
  • I was previously using the Tresemme brand heat protection spray and I thought that was okay
  • If you are familiar with it, I would honestly suggest switching to this Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide because I think it works ten times better
  • I love the Redken product so much because it not only protects my hair from the heat but also smooths it down and adds shine
  • I will definitely continue to repurchase this one

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. It is just a serum for heat protection but it is also supposed to help really control hair so that it is much more sleek and shiny and a lot less frizzy. I have been using this for the past two weeks and I really love it. I was previously using the Tresemme brand heat protection spray and I thought that was okay. If you are familiar with it, I would honestly suggest switching to this Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide because I think it works ten times better.

The reason why I think the Redken product is better for heat styling than

the Tresemme brand product is because it does so much more. It doesn’t just protect my hair from damage from heat styling but it also helps to eliminate frizz. Sometimes, I’ll straighten my hair after using the Tresemme heat spray and still have a bunch of flyaways and frizz. My hair would be straight but never completely sleek or even shiny. I would have to go back with other products afterwards to smooth it down. I love the Redken product so much because it not only protects my hair from the heat but also smooths it down and adds shine. It is an oily serum rather than a spray so it really absorbs into my hair. However, something that I did not like about this product is that it is very easy to overdo it. You really have to use just the right amount of product so that it doesn’t make the hair too greasy. The first time I used this, I honestly just smeared it on all over and I ended up with very flat, lifeless hair that looked slightly oily. The next time, I used it much more sparingly and got perfect results. It is just such a rich product that I have found that I have to be very careful with. I have very coarse hair so I think ...

• Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide
      that is why I like the fact that this is an oil. I probably would not suggest using this if you have thin or fine hair because it might weigh your hair down.

I have used this on dry hair as well as wet hair and I have gotten equally amazing results from both. I get sleek, straight, smooth hair with very little effort on my own part. I honestly just have to smooth this in and heat style with whatever tool I have decided to use that day – generally a blow dryer and then a straightener. I truly believe that this has protected my hair from split ends and heat

damage. My hair looks and feels healthy. There is no breakage or thinning even after using heat on it almost daily. I also feel like this product has cut down the amount of time that it takes to style my hair. Without using any product whatsoever, it generally takes me about half an hour to completely dry all of my hair. With this product, it took me about fifteen minutes. I love any styling product that can help me get ready faster in the morning. I will definitely continue to repurchase this one. Overall, I have to give the Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide a rating of a 9 out of 10. I highly recommend this product!

Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319011556600231/k2311a019/1.9.12