Philips Avent Single Electric Breast Pump
  • Before I bought it at first, I was skeptical about spending way more than the other breast pumps I tried
  • The single electric breast pump from Avent cost USD 139.00, but then I realized I have to invest in a much reliable pump because my baby could not latch on, therefore the pump I was going to use should be sturdy enough for everyday use, with pumping sessions every 2-3 hours
  • But in my experience, as long as you are careful in pulling the pump part from the pump body after you're done pumping, you prevent the rubber from tearing
  • Avoid stretching it too far so it doesn't rip
  • I definitely would recommend it to other moms who are pumping breast milk

• by tiger8669

I’ve been using this breast pump to exclusively pump milk for my 2 kids, and I can say it’s a better product than the other 2 breast pump brands I used before it from Evenflo and Playtex. Before I bought it at first, I was skeptical about spending way more than the other breast pumps I tried. The single electric breast pump from Avent cost USD 139, but then I realized I have to invest in a much reliable pump because my baby

could not latch on, therefore the pump I was going to use should be sturdy enough for everyday use, with pumping sessions every 2-3 hours.

So I bought it and I am happy overall. The pump is compact and small enough to grab with one hand.

The motor is quiet enough which allows me to pump milk next to my baby even if she is sleeping. The gentle sucking motion doesn’t hurt even if my breasts where engorged after missing one pumping session.

...

• The rubber padding in the suction helps massage the breast while the milk is being extracted. There are less parts to clean up and they dry pretty quick.

The only concerns I have with this product is that rubber valve that goes up and down when you are pumping, it stretches and leaves a gap for milk to come out and cause the milk to overflow. So you have to replace it.

But in my experience, as long as you are careful in

pulling the pump part from the pump body after you’re done pumping, you prevent the rubber from tearing. This happens also when you are washing it in warm soapy water.

Avoid stretching it too far so it doesn’t rip. I love this product overall! You can set your own pumping rythm and just let the machine do the pumping while you hold it close to your breast.

Excellent product for the price. I definitely would recommend it to other moms who are pumping breast milk.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 546011556530231/k2311a016/1.6.12