Acer Inspire Laptop  » Computers  »
  • The Acer Inspire laptop solved my vacation problem
  • With the cost of luggage being based on weight, I did not want to get something that was heavy and bulky to take on airplanes
  • I think that Dell could’ve come up with a better location for the speakers
  • I like to use a wireless mouse, instead of the touch pad on the laptop
  • I highly recommend the Acer Inspire laptop to anyone that likes to travel or go on vacation

• by Shawndellah

The Acer Inspire laptop solved my vacation problem. I always miss having my computer and Internet access when I’m on vacation. I end up having to use the hotel’s computer to check my email. I don’t get to play any of my games because the guest computers are always for a set amount of time and usually located in the hotel lobby. Also, there is no privacy logging in and out of my email. I came across the Acer Inspire laptop and knew that I had to buy it.

One feature is the Acer Inspire laptop is light-weight. It is light enough that it does well for travel on vacations. With the cost of luggage being based on weight, I did not want to get something that was heavy and bulky to take on airplanes. It would just get to be too costly. The Acer Inspire laptop is just under 3 pounds.

I don’t particularly like the Vista Operating system.

This laptop uses Windows XP for the operating system. I am comfortable with how Windows XP works and don’t have to get lost like I do with Vista.

The sound speakers are located at the bottom of the PC on the front. This has made it a little bit hard to hear sound for games and for streamed movies. I think that Dell could’ve come up with a better location for the speakers.

There is a built-in web cam on the laptop. A few times, I’ve turned on the pc and hooked up with my daughter using the web cam. I literally showed her part of a botanical garden tour that I was taking on vacation. The cam gives great images and is not choppy. As long as I move the laptop at an average speed, the cam picks up everything without blurring or having pauses in it.

I like that there are so many USB ports. I like ...

• to use a wireless mouse, instead of the touch pad on the laptop. I just plug the mouse USB stick into the port. I turn on my mouse and I’m all set to go. There is a handy feature to turn off the mouse option for the touch pad. This means I can rest my hands on the actual laptop without accidentally making the mouse move.

I was a little worried that the battery would drain quickly and I’d be constantly recharging the laptop. The Acer Inspire laptop comes with a lithium battery that lasts for about six hours of actual use time. This means I can play games, check emails and bring the laptop on walks or wherever I’m touring. I normally just plug in the wall adapter charger in the evenings while I sleep. I haven’t ever used up the entire 6 hours that the battery gives during the day while on vacation.

Since there is a

2-year limited manufacture warranty that the Acer Inspire laptop comes with, we didn’t purchase the extended warranty. I don’t anticipate needing to have the laptop repaired or fixed. Everything runs smoothly on it. I pack it in my suitcase since it is so flat and light-weight. It does not get jarred and move around a lot inside my bag. I don’t have to worry about carrying it around as a carry-on because I only use it when I get to where I’m going on vacation.

I highly recommend the Acer Inspire laptop to anyone that likes to travel or go on vacation. The wireless adapter card makes it possible to use to check email, play internet games or just surf the Internet. I’ve been using it inside my hotel room and had great signal for everything. I like I don’t have to be on a specific time limit. I have privacy in my room instead of using the public computers in hotel lobbies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 194011555911231/k2311a014/1.4.12