Sony MDR-AS50G sporting headphones  » Electronics  »
Lithuania
  • From my experience I can say that Sony is quality product, bought several headphones over the years and none of plastic or wiring material has failed me yet
  • I first hand compared these headphones to Sennheiser, Philips and other Sony products and I know that for such price you can get better sound quality

• by Mindaugas

There‘s seem to be no end to Sony ‘s improvement, that’s why this great company always remains in the first place when it comes to audio technology.

I‘m going to review sporting headphones MDR-AS50G.

Pros

1.Carrying pouch: these ear/headphones are quite big I might not be ideal to carry around, however Sony came up with very creative design which allows tightly and

comfortably pack the headphones and keep wire untangled.

2.Design: one of the best headphone qualities. First the wire placement makes headphones easily adjustable for different sports. Second the headband and the earphones fit to ear very smoothly and stays fit whilst jogging.

3.Material Quality: I haven’t been using these headphones very intensively, but so far so good. From my experience I can say that Sony is quality product, bought several headphones over the years and none of plastic or wiring material has failed me yet. These headphones are not exception, since it’s made for sport it’s also moister resistant.

4.Audio Quality: sound is clear, bass is well above average, while exercising wire tapping doesn’t distract from music.

Cons

1.Carrying pouch: even though ...

• Sony MDR-AS50G sporting headphones
      headphones fit very well into the pouch, the pouch or more likely package is it itself quite huge which makes it impossible to carry around in the pocket.

2.Design: with every new idea comes new problems, these headphones are not exception. They are great for light sporting activity, which doesn’t involve arm motion, however I can say from my own

experience, these are the worst headphones if you are into calisthenics and work out a lot on pull-bar.

3.Audio Quality: I first hand compared these headphones to Sennheiser, Philips and other Sony products and I know that for such price you can get better sound quality.

Overall: design is pretty impressive, but not ideal for sport or for anyone whose most important thing is sound quality.

Parag Bhide says :

The head phones are very sturdy especially while running. Although the bass is average but it serves the purpose of listening to music during work out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162011555580131/k2311a012/1.2.12