Verizon Wireless
1.5
  • I have been very disappointed with Verizon lately and cannot think of anything good to say about them
  • If I bought a computer and sold it two months, later the warranty would be good on it no matter who owned it
  • The manager of the store where we purchased the phone paid part of the replacement cost because he did not know that Verizon did that either
  • Then today I had to make a call to Verizon on another issue

• by Kim Miller

I have been with Verizon Wireless for about 4 years now. I did not change to Verizon by choice. I was with Qwest mobile and they sold out to Verizon. I would have changed to ALLTEL but Qwest offered bundle rates, so I stayed with Verizon. I have been very disappointed with Verizon lately and cannot think of anything good to say about them.

The first reason I am upset with Verizon is due to the issues with the Droid phones I have purchased for my son. The first one he had was a Droid 2. He loved the phone. Then a friend of his broke it. We had paid for insurance on the phone so called to get a replacement. When I called, I was told that the Droid 2 was no longer available. So it got the Droid Global instead. The Global never worked as good as the Droid

2 but he dealt with it.

Previously we had to have another phone replaced under my son’s number so I got a letter from the insurance company after we got the Droid Global saying that the insurance was cancelled because we made two claims. This made me angry. I paid $6.00 per month for the insurance. The first time I replaced a phone I had to pay $35.00 even though I had insurance. The second time when I replaced the Droid I had to pay $100.00. They should not have cancelled my insurance.

In November of 2011 the Droid Global was stolen. Since the insurance had been cancelled, we had to pay full price for a phone. My son of course could not pay the $500.00 to $600.00 it costs to get a new phone. We went to a retail store that deals in Verizon phones to see what they had. While there ...

• the manager of the store said that he had an employee phone, and HTC Droid, that he would sell us. He only had it one month and he said that the warranty would transfer with the phone. That is what anyone would think, the phone is still under warranty, and the warranty should transfer to the person who buys it. We were all very wrong in thinking that logically.

The new HTD Droid that my son bought from the Verizon Dealer stopped charging. We took into the dealer and were told that it is a manufacture defect and it would be under warranty. I called Verizon to get it replaced and they told me that it was not under warranty because we were not the original purchasers. That is just wrong. If I bought a computer and sold it two months, later the warranty would be good on it no matter who owned

it.

Thankfully, we had purchased a new insurance that does not cancel you when you make claims. The bad thing is that we have to pay $70.00 for the new phone even though the one we have should be under warranty. The manager of the store where we purchased the phone paid part of the replacement cost because he did not know that Verizon did that either.

Then today I had to make a call to Verizon on another issue. I was put on hold for 10 minutes and then transferred to the wrong department. They wasted a lot of my time.

The phone service with Verizon is ok. I am able to make calls just about anyplace I go. The Droid that my son has however cannot make calls in certain towns.

I am very disgusted with Verizon and as soon as my contract is up, I will find a different long distance carrier.

Verizon Wireless

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2230121555300131/k2311a1230/12.30.11