Banfield Animal Hospital in Arden, North Carolina
3 Mckenna Rd, Arden, NC 28704
  • It was a really good experience, with friendly staff
  • They definitely treated my dog like he was their own
  • The prices without the cost of the office visit were pretty similar to other vets, but without my coupon, it would have been pretty expensive

• by Melanie Noell

I used to take a friend’s dog to the Banfield in Savannah, so I felt comfortable taking my dogs for a routine checkup and vaccinations was a safe bet. It was a really good experience, with friendly staff. They definitely treated my dog like he was their own.

It’s a little uncomfortable taking a dog all the way through a PetSmart to get to a veterinarian office. My dog is very playful, and he definitely tried to stop to play with every person and every dog. I guess I would be worried if I was trying to walk him out with stitches or something because he would have so many distractions along the way.

The woman at the front desk was very friendly, and I actually picked

up a coupon in store that made the office visit free. She told me to hold onto it until checking out; however, although they do the paperwork at the desk, I find it really weird that I have to walk all the way to the cash register up front (for the entire store) to pay them. I wish I could just pay at the vet’s office.

The vet tech was absolutely wonderful. She was so friendly and answered all my questions. I must have spent at least 40 minutes just talking to her about all kinds of things that came up about my dog, from weight issues, breed possibilities (my dog was a stray, so we don’t know what he is) and skin problems. That wasn’t ...

• even what we came in for, but she was so incredibly helpful! She even recommended that if I wanted him to lose a few pounds, I could add canned pumpkin in place of some of his food since it keeps them fuller, longer, and is low calorie.

The vet was also great, and the entire staff fell in love with my dog. Apparently they don’t get too many dogs that are as friendly as he is, so they actually kept him longer just to pet him. He didn’t mind, of course! The shots were quick and painless, and they encouraged him throughout. They were just incredibly helpful and friendly.

I was a little annoyed that they insisted on talking about the benefits of buying one of their

Pet Plans, but I’m sure it’s part of their job. I had to “sell” credit cards when I worked retail even though I didn’t like it. The Pet Plans are a good deal for people who take their pets to the vet for everything, but it wasn’t for me.

The prices without the cost of the office visit were pretty similar to other vets, but without my coupon, it would have been pretty expensive. I’m not sure I would go back if the traveling vet that I used to go to comes to my area, but it was a really good experience. They would definitely be my second pick simply because they are so helpful and explain absolutely everything to you, and not just to sell it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2930121555280131/k2311a1230/12.30.11