Fright Night (2011 Movie)
  • As much as I hate Hollywood's love affair with vampires and remakes, I love this movie way better than the original
  • I didn't actually see the original Fright Night until a month before the new one came out, and I was disappointed (probably because it was about 20 years after it had been made
  • Colin Farrell makes a fantastic evil vampire-next-door, and he definitely carries the movie
  • Christopher Mintz-Plasse also gives a fantastic performance as the best friend turned vampire
  • I'd definitely recommend horror fans go see it

• by Melanie Noell

As much as I hate Hollywood’s love affair with vampires and remakes, I love this movie way better than the original. I didn’t actually see the original Fright Night until a month before the new one came out, and I was disappointed (probably because it was about 20 years after it had been made!) The new one was much better, and not just because of the technology advancement.

Colin Farrell makes a fantastic evil vampire-next-door, and he definitely carries the movie. Although he’s always

had a bit of a bad boy reputation, this is the first movie that made me stop and really take notice and applaud him for it. He is charming and devious - he makes for a perfect villain. And unlike some of the popular vampire movies out right now, he’s absolutely viscous.

What I really loved about this movie is that although it stayed true to the original, it still managed to add enough new material to keep viewers guessing, even if they were ...

• fans of the original. This is probably because it was written by the same writer as the original. During the movie, there are several parts that are out of order in comparison to the original, so as a viewer, I was left guessing what would happen next.

Christopher Mintz-Plasse also gives a fantastic performance as the best friend turned vampire. Although he doesn’t have a huge part, he plays it very campy and funny, adding a sense of quirkiness to the movie. It gave

it some of the same charm as the 80s version. The vampire expert is also an interesting twist in the story, clearly a parody of Criss Angel. It’s different from the original and refreshing.

My boyfriend actually ended up buying the movie so we could watch it again as soon as it came out. I rarely buy movies or watch them more than once, so I feel like it speaks to how entertaining this movie really is. I’d definitely recommend horror fans go see it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130121555250131/k2311a1230/12.30.11